Chapter 31

Shigaraki had been so concerned with Nomu performing an advance against All Might, he hadn't even begun to process my fist darting into his face. Spit tore from his mouth, his hair whisking in the wind to keep up with the momentum his head had picked up. His eyes grew wide and that hand he kept on his face fell onto the ground, laying there like some Halloween prop.

He made an excruciating noise, insinuating I had not only caught him off guard but I had managed to land a blow as severe as I had intended.

He was on the ground, looking at the dirt below him as he furiously heaved and clenched his fists in rage. Still soaring through the air, I was going to end up falling on top of him had I not fallen through Kurogiri's portal.

I could hear Bakugo encouraging me on as Izuku apprehensively muttered to himself about whether if he involved himself; if it would either hinder my advances by forcing me to evade him or if he could manage to aid me in some way.

I was thrashing, my body spazzing as I was forced out the other end of the portal. I was falling in the air, falling straight for the body of water I had been in earlier.

I spun in the air, finding Shoto Todoroki and Bakugo containing Izuku on the ground in order to keep him from running into our fight and destroying his body.

Izuku was intelligent, and he was powerful. But he was blinded with rage; with dread. The only people thinking clearly seemed to be Bakugo and Todoroki as even they appeared to be disturbed by my falling. Yet, they still knew that I could only perform this fight on my own, Izuku was still too limited to keep up with Shigaraki and I.

I watched as Shigaraki chuckled, praising Kurogiri's move as he hoisted himself from the ground and observed me.

I saw All Might descend a blow on Nomu as their fists seem to coincide halfway, canceling out their hits and hurling another surge of wind straight for me. If I didn't react instantly, the wind was going to force me off course and send me plunging straight for the ship.

I wouldn't sustain slamming into the ship. It'd either annihilate me on impact or shatter every bone in my body.

I turned back to All Might, clocking his wind as I help up my fingers in the same position as I had done earlier, timing precisely when I could work this to my advantage.

It got close and without hesitation, I flicked my fingers; shattering them. I was propelled backward, leaving me falling into the water but extremely far from my victim. I could see Shigaraki collapse on his back from the intensity of the wind as I prepared my body to infiltrate the water.

But I never did.

I slammed into the ground and something had achieved in winning over my body, allowing me to descend onto my feet. The intensity forced me into a crouching stance, my hand on the ground as I steadied myself and looked up to Shigaraki who was staring at me, furiously.

He started scratching his neck, muttering about how I shouldn't have survived that. He had resumed his wounds, blood beginning to cake under his fingertips; dribbling down his neck.

"What's wrong doggy? Got fleas?" I propelled myself at him and delivered my fist across his face once more.

"Tomura Shigaraki!" Kurogiri was taken aback by my ability to land and deliver so promptly, leaving him without a plan and frightened for his master.

"Go on Shigaraki, call your bitch off." I brought my fist down again and the back of his head smacked into the ground with a sickening crack.

I went to swing again but Shigaraki must have come to his senses as he intercepted my fist in mid-air, levitating his pinkie finger in the air. He tipped his head at me, blood streaming from his nose as he beamed at me. "Master said you'd be stronger than this. He'll be disappointed to hear you're not living up to expectations. And I hate disappointing my master."