Chapter 28

Having exited the bus, we all stood in a huddle as we were welcomed by Pro-Hero "Thirteen."

"Hello, everyone! I've been waiting for you! I can't wait to show you what's inside!" She gestured to the door as everyone around me oohed and aahed at her appearance.

As she led us inside, I couldn't help but gasp at the dome. There was every aspect of land we could possibly have to work on; ranging from wetlands to mountains to destructed towns and more. Feeling the wind around me, I could tell that every specific facility had its own specific temperature and precipitation of the air, hell I could even taste it. This means each stretch of land was accompanied by everything we could possibly face in the line of work.

"Holy crap! It looks like some kind of an amusement park!" I turned to Kirishima, finding him with a childlike look on his face as he scanned the area, cracking his knuckles as he grew anxious to get out there and train.

I had to agree, something about the air made my quirk start surging through my body like an adrenaline shot and I was left anxiously bouncing on my feet as I awaited Thirteen to send us off.

"A shipwreck! A landslide, a fire, a windstorm, etc. I created this training facility to prepare you to deal with different types of disasters. I call it, The Unforeseen Simulation Joint! But, you can call it the USJ!" She was overly excited, pointing around the facility as her voice carried and wavered with every seeping emotion.

"Hey, shouldn't All Might be here already? Lemme guess, he booked an interview instead?" Aizawa seemed especially opposed to All Might's antics today and I couldn't blame him; it happened to me all too often.

"Actually, it's something else. Apparently, he did way too much hero work on the way to school this morning and used all his power. He's resting in the teacher's lounge." She sighed, holding up five fingers to obviously signify to Aizawa on the low that All Might had reached his limit of relying on his hero form.

"That man is the height of irresponsibility." As Aizawa spoke, I glanced at Izuku and we shared a silent acknowledgment of what they were really referring to. "The clock's ticking. We should get started."

"Excellent! Before we begin, let me just say one thing. Well, maybe two things. Possibly three, four, or five. Listen carefully. I'm sure you are aware I have a very powerful quirk. It's called Black Hole. I can use it to suck up anything and turn it to dusk." Thirteen seemed excited to tell us about how powerful she was- a chance to show off. But it was almost as if she was nervous to have such a quirk around a bunch of teenagers.

"Yeah, you've used Black Hole to save people from all kinds of disasters before, haven't you?" Izuku seemed excited to have prior knowledge of her quirk and Uraraka nodded along happily, obviously infatuated by Thirteen.

"That's true, but my quirk could also very easily be used to kill." Everyone stopped, gasping at the sudden change in mood. "Some of you also have powers that can be dangerous. In our superhuman society, all quirks are certified and stringently regulated, so we often overlook how unsafe they can be. Please don't forget that if you lose focus or make the wrong move, your powers can be deadly. Even if you're trying to do something virtuous, like rescue someone. Thanks to Aizawa's fitness tests, you have a solid idea of your quirk's potential. And because of All Might's combat training, you likely experienced how dangerous your powers can be when used against other people."

My face grew hot and I glanced at Uraraka, thinking about how I had absolutely cremated the floor when battling her and how terrified I was that she'd get seriously injured. Or simply when I had hit Bakugo so hard he was knocked out- I needed to learn the boundaries of my quirk. "Carry those lessons over to this class. Today, you're going to learn how to use your quirks to save people's lives. You won't be using your powers to attack enemies or each other, only to help. After all, that's what being a hero is all about. Ensuring the safety of others." She bowed to us, "That's all I have to say. Thank you so much for listening." Everyone whooped and hollered for her, applauding her speech.