fourteen

I keep wanting you like a fool.

"I can't take it anymore," Kevin spoke before letting out a groan. "I pity him," he added.

"How many buckets of chicken does he need in order to be normal again?" Donghun questions.

The boys all looked at Hyunjae with different expressions on their faces. Then there's Hyunjae, silently crying on Sunwoo's bed with his back facing the boys.

"Does anyone know what is happening right now?" Byeongkwan asked. "I'm literally confused."

"Hyunjae," Junhee called out the latter. "Can we tell them?" he asked.

The boys waited for Hyunjae to respond, but they received none.

Junhee let out a sigh as he ran his fingers through his hair. "So, Hyunjae likes this one girl and he saw her on a date on the same day when we got to go on the arcade."

The confused boys finally understood what's happening and all they could do is to nod their head with a hint of surprised look on their faces.

"Who's the girl?" Changmin asked.

Younghoon worriedly looked at Hyunjae. "I think we don't have the right to tell you guys," he stated. "It should be Hyunjae himself who should say it."

"Aren't you guys buying him another bucket of chicken?" Sunwoo asks the elders.

"Right!" Kevin exclaimed. "Jae, how many buckets for this day?"

Hyunjae raised his hand with his index pointing upwards, indicating that he only wanted one bucket of chicken.

"Got it," Changmin breathed out as him, Kevin, and Donghun exited the room.

Sangyeon, Junhee, Younghoon, Byeongkwan, and Sunwoo were the ones left inside, along with a crying Hyunjae.

"I gotta go," Sunwoo informed.

"Where exactly?" Sangyeon asked.

"Yuchan's," the younger briefly replied.

After hearing Yuchan's name, Hyunjae's grip on the pillow that he is hugging suddenly tightened.

"I heard that you're working up with them," Byeongkwan spoke.

Sunwoo only nodded his head before leaving his own room. He got out of the house and casually walked on the streets. After almost a kilometer of walking, Sunwoo finally reached Yuchan's place. He pressed the doorbell five times, indicating to the people inside that it was him.

"Feel at home!" Sehyoon greeted the younger after opening the front door. "Yuchan is not home, so we're enjoying the day."

Sunwoo roamed his eyes around the house. "Is noona home?" he asks Sehyoon.

"Noona?" Sehyoon repeated. "You're calling her that?"

"Of course," Sunwoo responded.

Sehyoon let out a sigh. "Sunwoo, there's something that I wanted to say to you," he spoke. "But I think I don't have the right to say it."

With a confused look, Sunwoo's eyes landed on Sehyoon. "Is it that serious or what?" he asked.

"Well, it is, for me though," Sehyoon responded.

"Then just say it."

Sehyoon's gaze landed on the floor while biting on his lower lip. "This isn't about me," he stated. "It's about Yujin."

"Why? What about her?" Sunwoo asked as his thoughts came running through his head. Realization started to hit him after a while.

"Perhaps, do you like noona?"

"What?! No!" Sehyoon whisper-yelled, defending himself on Sunwoo's false accusation on him. "I already told you that this is about her."

"Then why are you so defensive?" Sunwoo asked him in suspicion.

Sehyoon sighed. "It is because what you just accused me on liking her would never happen. That would literally never happen."

"Well, okay? I just suspected like that because you are being-"

"Yujin is the one who likes you," Sehyoon interrupted, making Sunwoo's jaw to drop.

Sunwoo chuckled nervously after. "Stop joking like that. Don't make jokes about people liking me because I really don't like it."

"You think I'm kidding?" Sehyoon asked in a serious tone, his gaze locked on Sunwoo.

The younger boy felt a stinging pain on his chest as he looked at a serious Sehyoon beside him. After all, he realized that Sehyoon wasn't fooling around.

"Are you two doing a staring contest?" Yujin asked from upstairs after seeing the two boys staring at each other.

Sehyoon immediately broke the eye contact between him and Sunwoo before letting out a nervous laugh. "You wanna join?" he asked Yujin.

"Nah," Yujin responded as she walked down the stairs and sat beside Sehyoon. "I prefer watching the two of you doing that staring contest."

"Come on, Yujin. Just join us and you won't-"

"Noona, can we talk?" Sunwoo interrupts Sehyoon. "Just the two of us."

"That's so sudden, but alright," Yujin responded as she stood up. "Let's go outside."

As soon as Yujin left, Sehyoon pinched Sunwoo's side.

"What are you planning to do?" he asked the younger in a whisper.

Sunwoo shrugged his shoulders. "If ever what you said was true, I'll sort things out because I don't want to hurt her feelings," he told Sehyoon before following Yujin outside.

Sunwoo found her sitting on the grass while looking up above her, watching the clouds. He quietly sat beside her and hugged his knees.

"What do you want to talk about?" asked Yujin as she looked at the younger.

"I'll ask you directly about this," Sunwoo spoke.

Yujin only hummed, waiting for the boy to speak.

"By any chance," Sunwoo began. "Do you like me?"

Yujin was taken aback by Sunwoo's question, making her head to snap back to the front, avoiding Sunwoo's gaze.

"You don't have to say it, noona," Sunwoo tells her. "I could already tell the answer by your actions."

Both of them fell into a thick silence after that. But it didn't last long when Sunwoo spoke again.

"I'm sorry, noona."

"Sunwoo, you don't need to apologize," Yujin told him without even glancing. "It's just a little crush, it won't hurt me."

Sunwoo shook his head. "But I still feel bad about it."

"You shouldn't be," Yujin said as she finally looked at Sunwoo. "So, friends?" she asked as she offered her hand to him.

"Nah," Sunwoo chuckled as he held her hand and shook it lightly. "We can be besties if you want," he told her with a smile.