sixteen

If this is love, it's alright.

While humming a random tone, Younghoon slightly bumped his shoulder on Hyunjae's own, making the latter to shoot him a confused look.

"You seem very quiet today," Younghoon commented as he leaned by the counter of the same coffee shop where they work.

Hyunjae only shrugged his shoulders before proceeding to arrange the clean trays beside the counter.

"Is it because Yujin didn't come to visit?"

"Why would you think of her as a reason?" Hyunjae asked without even sparing a glance to the latter. "Can't I stay silent for no reason?"

Younghoon looked at Hyunjae with a playful smile on his lips before shaking his head, trying to stop himself on teasing the younger.

An hour had passed and the two boys are finally out of their shift. As soon as Mingyu and Seokmin took over their spot, they immediately left the counter and changed on their casual clothes. Younghoon and Hyunjae both decided to have a small talk to the two boys for a while.

"Did Yujin came to visit today?" Mingyu asked out of the blue

Seokmin nodded his head, asking the same question as Mingyu.

"Well, she didn't," Younghoon responded instead because Hyunjae is uninterested on answering the question himself.

Just as Mingyu was about to ask another question, two customers came up to the counter. The four boys widened their eyes after recognizing who they were.

"Are you two dating?" Seokmin asked with his index fingers pointing at Sunwoo and Yujin.

"What? No-"

"What if I say that we're dating?" Sunwoo interrupts Yujin from saying anything.

Mingyu had his mouth slightly parted open with his gaze shifting back and forth on Sunwoo and Yujin.

"Why are you guys so shocked?" Sunwoo asks the four boys as he slowly intertwined his fingers on Yujin's own.

Yujin slightly flinched at contact, but Sunwoo squeezed her hand, telling her to calm down and just play along.

"We're dating," Sunwoo simply said before facing Mingyu by the counter. "Can we order now?" he asked.

"Y-yeah sure," Mingyu slightly stuttered and stole a glance on Hyunjae who is standing on the side.

He saw him staring on Sunwoo and Yujin's hand that are holding each other.

SUNWOO

Everything is just fake. I don't wanna lie to them, but I forced myself.

I know that Hyunjae was staring at my hand that is holding Yujin's own. I feel really bad because I know that what I am doing right now is hurting him more, but this is the only way that I know.

I need to figure out how deep his feelings are for Yujin. After I figure it out, I'll definitely know how to help him.

For Hyunjae, it's either 'get over it' or 'go for it'.

We'll get going," Younghoon informed. "Hey, Sunwoo."

I looked at him with a blank expression.

"What time will you be home?"

"Probably nine or ten," I responded. "Will the two of you stay the night there?" I asked both Younghoon and Hyunjae. "All of them are there, except for Sangyeon."

"We will!" Younghoon beamed as he waved goodbye to us and furiously dragged Hyunjae with him.

"Well, well."

I turned my head to Seokmin who is now wearing a disapproving look all over his face.

"Care to explain what the hell is happening?" I heard Mingyu asked.

With a sigh, I slowly broke the contact between me and Yujin. I slipped off my hand from her own.

"Noona, just take a seat while we're waiting for our drinks," I told her. "I'll bring it to our table, okay?"

"Y-yeah, sure thing."

I pinched my forearm really hard after Yujin left the counter. I don't think I'm in the right state of my mind because of doing these things.

"We're waiting for a response."

I met Mingyu's eyes once again and I can tell that he is mad. That's the time when my guilt started to eat me slowly.

"That wasn't serious," I told both Mingyu and Seokmin.

With a gasp, Seokmin stopped on working with our ordered drinks. "You two planned on hurting Hyunjae like this?" he questioned out.

I quickly shook my head. "She doesn't know that he likes her," I stated. "I just want him to confess to her as soon as possible, that's why I came up with this shitty plan of mine."

I saw how Mingyu shook his head, still disapproving my plan. "Sunwoo, don't make this plan of yours last longer. Your friendship with Hyunjae would be at stake if you will keep doing this."

"It wouldn't last long," I told them as I spared a glance on Yujin, letting my guilt to slowly eat me whole.