fifteen

What is this trembling symptom?

"You look like a crybaby because of the dried tears that stained your face," Younghoon commented as he sat beside Hyunjae who is seated on Sunwoo's bed.

"Why do you care?" Hyunjae sternly asked, making Younghoon scoff.

"No wonder why Yuchan is calling you a freaking crybaby."

That made Hyunjae to shoot a glare on Younghoon with his teary eyes as he hugged the bucket of chicken tighter on his hands.

"Why won't you do what Junhee told you?" asked Younghoon as he laid down on Sunwoo's bed. "That's the only way to ease the pain that you are feeling."

"I don't know how," Hyunjae responded lowly before taking out a chicken from the bucket that he is holding. "I'm messed up, big time."

"To be honest, it ain't easy to confess your feelings towards someone," spoke Younghoon. "But believe me, it would ease whatever you are feeling right now."

Hyunjae spared a glance to the latter. "How can you be so sure about that?"

"Been there, done that," Younghoon responded with a wink. "But trust me, Hyunjae. It would make you feel better."

Suddenly, Sunwoo's bedroom door opened, revealing the owner himself.

"What a lovely day," Sunwoo bluntly spoke before landing himself on top of Younghoon, making the latter groan in pain.

"Get off me," Younghoon managed to say in between his struggle.

Sunwoo stood back on his own feet and dragged himself on the space beside Hyunjae. He sat there with his eyes glued on the boy that is holding a bucket of chicken on his hands.

"Can I have one?" Sunwoo asked as he was about to grab a chicken from the bucket, but Hyunjae immediately slapped his arm.

"Not on my watch, young man."

Sunwoo rolled his eyes before leaning himself onto the headboard of his own bed.

Younghoon then glanced on Sunwoo when he noticed the small smile creeping on the younger's lips.

"What's with the smile, Kim Sunwoo?" asked Younghoon.

Sunwoo then looked at Younghoon, a smile still plastered on his lips. "Why? Is it wrong to smile like this?" he asked as he made a much wider smile.

"Spill some tea, come on," Younghoon demanded while kicking his feet in the air.

Placing both of his hands at the back of his head, Sunwoo let out a chuckle as he looked at Younghoon teasingly.

"Another someone confessed to me today."

Younghoon turned on his left, laying on the side with his left arm rested on the bed and the left side of his face resting onto his palm. He then cocked an eyebrow on Sunwoo.

"I thought you were from Yuchan's?" he asked.

Sunwoo slowly nodded his head. "I was really there."

"I won't ask any further because I know you won't tell me who is that someone who confessed to you," Younghoon stated before laying down properly on the bed.

"We'll stay as friends," Sunwoo abruptly spoke. "Or probably best friends, I guess."

"Lucky you," said Younghoon. "That girl had the courage to confess to you, but I can't say a word to this someone right here," he stated with his eyes on Hyunjae.

"I'll kick you off the bed if you don't shut the fuck up," Hyunjae spats at Younghoon while munching on his chicken.

Both Sunwoo and Younghoon laughed at Hyunjae's remark.

"You're like a girl that is suffering on her monthly period," Younghoon teases Hyunjae once again.

Sunwoo played along with Younghoon, but his eyes are working on Hyunjae. He can feel the heavy feeling that Hyunjae is carrying, the reason why he is trying to know what the latter has in mind.

SUNWOO

There's something that he is trying to hide, but that's not the reason why I want to know what that is.

I wanted to know because I want to help him. I just can't bare seeing my best friend being heartbroken and just relying on fried chickens in order to heal the wound on his heart.

I already tried asking the boys who knew whom Hyunjae likes, but they won't tell a single shit because Hyunjae doesn't want them to do so.

"Sun, did you happen to see Junhee downstairs?"

I glanced over to Younghoon and gave him a small then.

"I'll just head downstairs," he informed as he jumped off of my bed and exited my bedroom.

My eyes went back to Hyunjae who is sitting silently on my bed while eating another piece of chicken with his gaze down on the floor.

"Care to tell me anything?" I asked Hyunjae with my arms crossed against my chest. "I'm your best friend after all."

"I can't tell you right now."

I cocked an eyebrow. "And what's the reason?"

"I'll just keep hurting more if I do tell you."

I only shrugged my shoulders and plugged in my earphones. I was about to play the music, but I stopped myself when I heard Hyunjae whispered.

"The girl that I like doesn't like me, but she likes you instead."

I swallowed hard before the lump on my throat could grow heavier. I chose to play my one and only playlist and turned the volume up to the maximum.

Hyunjae likes Yujin, and Yujin likes me. Fuck this situation.