Part 1. Chapter 3. An unexplained phenomenon.

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next episode)

"You ... know my name?" I choked out, feeling completely defenseless against this stranger.

"I do," the woman nodded, "just as you know mine, although you don't remember it."

"How's that?.." I hardly suppressed the desire to retreat. Agree, it's not very pleasant to have a conversation with a person who knows more about you than you know about them. Right away feels a kind of... I don't know, catch or something. In any case, don't think I should show her that I'm scared even more.

"We met before," the woman continued calmly, "moreover, we were... friends."

"F-friends?

"F-friends?.." my heart skipped a beat. Is this someone from my past? Someone good? The unknown woman nodded and smiled, a sudden blowing wind slightly stirred her long hair and mine to the shoulders - too. A cloud of small silver sparks flew past us, as if it was a flock of fireflies, which completely distracted me for a moment: "Wow!" Unable to resist, I stretched out my left hand to them, and the lights flew fearfully in different directions.

A quiet ringing laugh made me come to my senses: I'm not alone here! Wherever it is 'here' might be. Looking back at the woman, I saw that she was smiling, slightly closing her eyes. I also wanted to smile: I don't know this woman, but it feels like she is my close friend, she won't harm me. Yes, that's for sure.

"You have such a face..." Laughing quietly, she continued to smile, enjoying my reaction. "It's nice to discover the world of magic for the second time, isn't it?"

"For the second time?" Blinking in surprise, I slightly tilted my head to the left. "The world of magic? What are you talking about? This... where are we? With slightly trembling hands, I circled the space. And suddenly remembered how I went to bed in the evening, and what happened between that and how I ended up here... in this fabulous place. What prompted a frightening thought: "All this is... a dream?"

 a dream?"