Part 1. Chapter 4. The Breakthrough (pt.1).

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next episode)

Watching them leave... watching dad goes into this scary building, it was a real torture. I wanted to rush after him, grab onto him and not let him go anywhere. Instead I just stood there, holding Naomi-san's hand, and looked. There is something inside... something dangerous. And no need to be a clairvoyant person to understand this. I'm scared. Scared for dad and those military men with him, scared for the people around, scared for myself...

"Hotaru, don't worry, they'll be back soon," Naomi-san promised, stepping forward a little and stopping in front of me, "everything will be fine

"Hotaru, don't worry, they'll be back soon," Naomi-san promised, stepping forward a little and stopping in front of me, "everything will be fine." But in her voice for some reason there was not one hundred percent certainty.

"What could have happened there?" I was shaking a little, even my fingers became slightly cold. Clasping my palms together, I brought them to my mouth and breathed hot air on them.

"Unknown so far..." the woman frowned and looked up again. That strange glow over the building's roof, the clouds above it slowly swirl like a funnel. "Go into the car to Katsu and Yumi, okay? Stay with them, they are scared too."

"Okay," I said stiflingly and walked back to the place where our car was parked. They are afraid... I am afraid even more! Their mom is here, and my dad... went where it is dangerous.

Looking at the ground, I got to the car on unsteady legs and, opening the front passenger seat door, climbed inside. No reason for us all to push each other in the backseat for now.

"Well, what's going on?" Yumi asked immediately, leaning forward.

Suppressing a shudder, I sat down more comfortably and slammed the door.

"My dad and a group of soldiers went to the Neko Corp building, as I understand it, to look for more survivors," I turned to face them, sitting half-sided, "and your mother is here with other military men."

"What happened there, Hotaru?" it was already the boy's question. His face, in the light of the flashing lights of the cars nearby, expressed intense concern.

"I don't know," I shook my head and squeezed the back of the seat with both hands, "I really don't know, Katsu... Your mother said to wait, but..."

...I shuddered from the sudden sensation as if an electric current had passed through my body, in the center of my forehead it sharply pricked so that my vision became black.

"What's wrong... Hotaru?"