Part 1. Chapter 6. Point of view.

(Play the soundtrack while reading the next episode)

I was waking up slowly and with a clear feeling of a gradual exit from some kind of oblivion. What a nightmare... So clear and unusually bright. The whole body is wadded, eyes categorically refuse to open, and the left hand is slightly squeezing by something, or rather someone...

"Welcome back," my father's voice said from somewhere above. Opening my eyelids, I saw his face above me and realized that I was lying on my back, and he was sitting on the left and holding my hand. What...

"Dad..." I grimaced, opened my eyes fully and tried to sit up, but everything started spinning.

"Hey-hey, take your time," dad leaned forward and, pressing a little on my shoulders, made me lie down again

"Hey-hey, take your time," dad leaned forward and, pressing a little on my shoulders, made me lie down again. Honestly, I didn't mind. "It's okay, Hotaru, it's alright. How are you feeling?"

"What is this...?" I muttered after suffering a few seconds of dizziness. "What is this place?" clearing my eyes again, I noticed father was wearing a white medical gown, the narrow bed on which I was lying was also white, a large sensor panel with a screen displaying some kind of sinusoids and diagrams was mounted in the wall at the headboard. The bright room itself is small, and besides the bed and the chair dad was sitting on, there was no more furniture. The thought of a hospital flashed through, but somehow this place doesn't really remind me of the hospital ward that I remember, and I'm still dressed in street clothes... Only now I noticed. "Dad... where are we?"

"What's the last thing you remember?" he asked instead of answering.

It was a little alarming, frightening even, that dad ignored my question. But an even greater fear seized me when I tried to reproduce recent events. Not because I forgot, but simply... This simply couldn't happen! Maybe I fell, hit my head and it all just seemed to me, and now we are in some kind of medical institution? Hope it's nothing serious...

"Hotaru, tell me what you remember," dad insisted, as I tried to feel the back of my head for bumps or bruises. There was nothing, no pain... Only severe fatigue. "Answer my question and I will answer yours." Dad asked again. "It's important, Taru. For me. To understand where to start talking."

I slowly took a sitting position and pulled my legs to the chest. I don't like to lie just like that, also in an unfamiliar place, especially when there is someone nearby.

"We were in the park with Naomi-san, Yumi and Katsu," I hugged my knees with my hands, "then we went to the cinema, and on the way home someone called you and told about a problem. We went to Neko Corp for some reason..." I straightened my back and looked knowingly at my dad: guess I understood - we were driving home and had a car accident? And all this nonsense just seemed to me? Naomi-san and her children...