Unexpected news *12

Ricky pov:

I had just gotten in to my moms car, when i realized that my dad had picked me up. I started smiling "Good to see you dad."

He smiled too "Your mom wanted to come too, but I had to talk to you without your mom being around." I nodded and my dad must have noticed how scared I looked "It's nothing bad, calm down."

There was a silence between us, not an awkward one though. That lasted for the first 10 minutes of our journey home. It lasted until my dad suddenly said "I know you like this Nini girl in a way your mom wouldn't appreciate. I didn't know how to tell you that day." Somehow this stamenet didn't shock me "You're right and I really dint make it easier with what I did today."

I turned towards the window to enjoy the beautiful view. "What did you do son?" I took a deep breath, really hoping this would stay between us two. "Basically yesterday Nini kissed me out of nowhere, while we were at the lake. Then this morning right before she left I-I" I stopped not knowing how to explain this satiation to my dad.

„Let me guess, this morning you kissed her too and then told her that you couldn't date her because of your mom." I stared at him in disbelieve "How do you know?" He started laughing "Well after I meet Nini for the first time I realized that she looked a lot like someone I knew. To be exact like my Ex-girlfriend."

That was definitely not something I expected "So you're telling me that you used to date her mother." He nodded "yep, we used to date in high school. After a few months we broke up and then she meet nini's other mom Carol." I was speechless "I don't know what to say to that."

He nodded "I'm sure you don't, but I'm also not finished yet. So on my way here she called me to tell me what happened between you two. I could hear Nini in the background begging her not to tell me." I couldn't help but fall in love with her even more thinking about the fact that she tried to keep me out of trouble.

My dad continued talking though "Nini already knows this, but her mom and I talked about it and decided that maybe it's best to just let you two be. We'd have to keep it a secret from your mom though but I have a plan how we can do that." I hugged me dad "You're serious are you?" He nodded while smiling "If she is anything like her mom then she is the sweetest girl on earth. You're mom will love her."

The rest of the ride back to Salt Lake City we were silent, but I enjoyed that. I was thinking about the fact that I could be with the girl I've loved since I meet her. Until today I've pushed away every feeling of hope that maybe one day I could be with her and now this happened.

Sorry for not updating, I really didn't know where to take this story but I have a general idea now. I wouldn't say the same thing about how people change though, so if you have any ideas what I could do with that fanfic please let me know