The start of something new *1

Richard POV:
I can't believe my parents actually allowed me to go to Summer camp. My parents just dropped me off and I already feel out of place. I was standing there with my bags and no idea what to do.

Until a girl approached me. „Looks like your new here, do you need help?"

I nodded „Is it so obvious that I'm new?"

She smiled „Well, York standing here and it looks like you don't know where to set up your tent."

I smiled „If you could tell me where that would be amazing."

She grabbed one of my bags and lead me to a big grass area, where multiple tents were already set up.

„I'll let you set up your tent, if you need me I'm right next to you."

I knew how to set up a tent, because my parents went on a camping trip with me once. It took me about an hour to set everything up.

Suddenly I heard footsteps. „Knock knock."

The girl that helped me opened the tent door.

„Come in" I made space for her.

She smiled and sat down next to me. „I think I didn't tell you my name yet, it's Nini."

I smiled „My name is Richard."

Nini starte laughing. „Sorry, but that name probably didn't get you any friends at School."

I stopped smiling. „I never went to School, I've been Homeschooled my whole life."

She made a comforting face. „I'll call you Ricky, is that ok?"

I nodded „I never had a nickname."

Nini POV:

I started laughing „Well you have one now."

„I sure do, is Nini a nickname too?"

I nodded „My actual name is Nina."

„Beautiful Name."

I looked directly into his eyes „Thank you."

There was a moment of silence, until i broke the silence.

„On the first day we always do a barbecue, if we get there early we get the best spots."

He smiled „Sounds good."

I really like Ricky, I think we will be great friends. This is the start of something new.