Awkward dinner *14

Ricky pov:

My mom just called me down for Dinner and I was really scared, what if my dad told her? "I'm so sorry I couldn't pick you up, you're dad asked to have some time alone with you." I smiled "It's all good, but I think dad and I should spend more time alone." That made my mom smile, she might be strict but she still wants me to have a good relationship with my dad.

We all sat down and ate, my mom made chicken and rice. "Anyways how was camp?" I nearly shocked "Good, it was good. I made lots of new friends." That was a mistake, I shouldn't have said that. My mom forced a smile though "That's great honey." My dad watched all of that and just smiled at me. I shot him a glare, which definitely confused my mom. "We should start eating" my dad said to break the silence that come over us.

I just nodded and grabbed the sauce. Dinner was normally awkward but today it was just over the top awkward. We all noticed the tense air, but both my dad and I were to scared to say anything. Suddenly my mom spoke up "Since you've gotten back from camp, you're different. I'm glad you had fun but now it's back to life. Forget everyone you meet there and we can finally move on."

That caught me off guard and I just sat there silent. Until my dad spoke up, he normally doesn't do that. "Lynne don't you think Ricky looks happier now that he has real friends?" I gave my dad a weak smile and he returned it. "Mike I agree, but Ricky has to focus on school and these friends seemed like they were just using him." That was it for me "You don't even know my friends, yes they know who you are and yes they know I'm your son, but we became friends long before I told them. They've never asked me for anything, I just want friends who aren't chosen by you two."

I ran into my bedroom and locked the door. My first thought was to call Nini but I didn't want to worry her even more so I called EJ. "Hey dude" he said when he picked up. "I hate my mom" seriously Ricky, that's the first thing that came out of your mouth. "We know that, but what happened today?" I sighed "My mom started talking bad about you and Nini. Then I maybe kinda screamed at her to defend you two." EJ's looked surprised "I don't know weither to feel honered or sad. Don't kill your mom though, we'll figure this out."

That's why this guy is my best friend "As long as she doesn't attack Nini personally she'll survive this." We started laughing and I nearly forgot what happened. "That's the reason you're my best friend." EJ smiled "I'm your only friend, since you know Nini is.." I cut him off "You're still my best friend." He started laughing "I'm gonna assume you cut me off because of your mom and not because you don't feel about her that way." I nodded "Obviously, anyways I gotta go. Bye" "Bye."

I have a few more ideas for this fanfic but y'all can decide if you want this to end soon or if I should drag it out a bit more. Soon would be like 10 more chapters