Ricky i'm sorry *21

Ricky pov:

The day after Nini told me she couldn't do us I found out she had a new boyfriend. I tried to see the positive and told myself that at least she didn't play with either of our feelings on purpose. It's just hard seeing the girl I love most in another guys arms.

It was just another day with me and my friends sitting in the cafeteria. It has been a month since Nini and I last talked, she hasn't even tried to talk to any of her friends. She is a completely new person. "I can't believe she would actually choose this jerk over Ricky. But most importantly I can't believe she just replaced all of us."  I just nodded my head in agreement. "Ricky, we know it's hard, but that isn't our Nini maybe she'll come back and be her old self." Ashlyn said to try and cheer my up. I rolled my eyes "Sure and I'm going to be president of the united states. It'll never happen." "In theory you could become president of the united states, so it's not impossible." They all gave me a sympathetic smile since I took her change of character the hardest.

When I looked back to where Nini was sitting I could see her, but not her idiot of boyfriend. "I gotta go" by now all my friends knew that I just couldn't handle seeing Nini for to long. I grabbed my bag and quickly made my way to the library, but not before getting one last look at her. She was looking at me with a sad look on her face, it nearly looked like regret. As soon as she noticed I saw her she turned back around. Without hesitation I walked out of the cafeteria. I was surprised though when I heard someone following me.

I turned around to see Nini standing behind me "Ricky I'm sorry." "It's ok. It just shows me that I didn't really know you." I walked away from her and without looking I knew she had tears in her eyes because I did know her way to well. The rest of the day passed without any other things happening that weren't normal. "You coming to Ashlyn's tonight, right?" I quickly nodded my head "I wouldn't miss it for the world. Also, my mom has been kind of chill lately so yes I'll be there."

Big red nudged my side "At least something good came out of this whole summer thing." I glared at him "And I'm pretty sure we broke Nini. The way she looked at me while telling me she is sorry was really worrying me." They all stared at me in disbelieve "You talked to Nini!" I nodded my head "Yeah she followed me out of the cafeteria and said she was sorry." Suddenly they were all quiet "Guys what happened after I left?" I had a feeling ever since I talked to her that something was wrong, but I just couldn't quiet figure out what.

Still, no one answered me. "Guys!" Ashlyn looked at Ej and nodded her head. "Technically it didn't happen after you left. But uhmm well we all saw Nini leave and you just said you think she went back to the cafeteria, but she never got there. We all thought she went to go and find her boyfriend, but he apparently left right before Lunch." My eyes widened in shook "So no one knows where she is?" They all nodded their heads. "And you guys didn't tell me before because?" "Because we just figured it out too, plus we didn't want you to worry." I sighed "Well we have to find her. I know she hurt all of us but I could never forgive myself if something happened to her."

Without hesitation every single one of my friends nodded their heads in agreement. "She was our best friend too." I smiled "where could she be?" Gina was the first to speak "Well the library, the auditorium, the music room or maybe the football field." "Let's split up" I suggested. After talking everything through I made my way to the football field. For some reason I was sure she would be there, so I wanted to be the one to search there.

I searched every little spot where she could be hiding except the bleachers. When I got there, I heard quiet sobs. The person must have heard my footsteps because they were suddenly quiet. "Hello?" I asked.

Nini pov:

I heard Ricky's voice, so I immediately tried to hide even more. His footsteps came closer and closer and I really wanted to run away, but I had no idea where I could go. Then it was to late. "Nini" he breathed out.

I wiped at my eyes to try and hide the fact that I was crying. That probably only made it worse. Ricky pulled his phone out and called someone. "Hey Gina, I found her. You guys can stop searching, I'll meet y'all at Ashlyn's later." A few seconds passed before he sat down next to me and pulled me into his chest.

I tried to push him away, but he just tightened his grip on me. "Let it all out." That was enough for me to break down again.

One more chapter left

What do y'all think happened?