Chapter Fourteen: Give Me A Chance To Miss You

Hunter pulls back and so do I, we both look at Kelli in shock. I pull down my shirt and straighten it, this isn't going to end well. Kelli steps over the broken glass and over to me, she grabs my wrist. 

"You, me, upstairs..." Kelli glances at Hunter and then back at me. "Now." She continues. I follow her direction, not like I have a choice not too! She is practically ripping my arm off! She throws me into my bedroom, I luckily land on the bed. 

"What is your problem King Kong!?" I yell at her. I get off the bed and dust myself down. I am really not in the mood to be pushed around! Kelli looks at me with wide eyes, she does an offence laugh. 

"You have to be kidding me right now?" She puts a hand on her head and looks away from me. "I cannot even look at you right now! What about Logan?" Kelli looks at me now, I sit up straight on the bed and then I let my head fall into my hands.  

"Kelli, I know..." I start to cry.  

"Oh Sam!" Kelli walks over to me and hugs me. We sit together, me crying into Kelli and Kelli gently stroking my hair. I hear Kelli soothing me with soft words, words which I need to hear, words which I need to understand. I love Logan, I do. But Logan is gone and I don't know how long it is until it is socially acceptable to start dating again. It was two months ago his death. I have done nothing but sit in this house on my own, eat a couple meals, talk to Danny, avoid seeing Hunter, not returning my parents phone calls and crying myself to sleep every single night! When is it okay for me to show that I am better now? When is it okay for me to smile? There is a light knock at the door, I hear the door open slowly. Hunter straightens his Rudolph Christmas jumper as he walks in, Kelli looks at him and smiles. It is like our war is over, but the war of the packs is sadly far from that. 

"I am going to go downstairs and clean-up the vase." Kelli stands up slowly, letting me get used to not having her heat, as she leaves the room she nods at Hunter, Hunter nods back. She closes the door behind herself. I whip my tears and watch Hunter, he looks around the room and then he catches my gaze. 

"Hey." Hunter says softly. Hunter steps over to me are slow and patient, like a tigers are before it pounces on its prey. But I am not Hunters prey, I am... well... I am his mate. 

"Hi." Hunter sits down next to me. We are both silent, I breathe in and out, the way my mom taught me to do. 

"I love you." Hunter mutters. I look at him and do a half smile. I put my hand over his, his breath catches in his throat. 

"I know." I take Hunter by the chin and lightly kiss him. Hunter puts his hand on the back of my head and kisses me back. I take my lips away from his and I rest my forehead against his forehead. "But this is too soon. We need to take it slow." Hunter closes his eyes and nods his head, he understands, but I can sense the need from him. I can feel everything he is feeling? "I hate this wolf thing." 

"Which one?"  

"Being able to feel what everybody else feels." Hunter jerks back and looks at me strangely. 

"What?" 

"Wolf's aren't meant to be able to do that, it might be a Faywin thing? Maybe you are an empath?" Hunter says. 

I shrug my shoulders, "I guess it is possible." I smile at Hunter. Hunter smiles back at me, he has recently had a haircut and he looks amazing, he has light stubble forming around his face, he needs a shave and fast. 

"What do you feel from me?" I close my eyes and think. I feel him, and it hurts me. 

"Hunter..." 

"Just tell me, I know, I just want to hear you say it." I open my eyes and look into his sad ones. Hunter isn't supposed to look like this, he isn't supposed to be hurt and in pain. Hunter isn't supposed to cry.