Chapter Six: Into The Wolf's Lair (PART 1)

Hunter stands there, arms folded over his chest tightly. His eyes are staring into my shocked ones. My heart is beating like a drum in my chest. Logan slowly stands up, the room is silent. Hunter walks further into the room, his heavy boots causing an echo with every step he takes. I look over to Logan who is stood up with a scowl, Hunter is still walking towards me until Logan puts a hand on his chest and stops him.  

"That is close enough." Logan says with his voice abnormally low, it is so dangerous and sexy. Hunter growls low at him. Logan just growls back, the growls are low and loud. It is giving me a migraine. 

"What is a mate?" I ask while wincing in pain from the fall. My back feels like it is on fire yet my arm feels icy cold. 

"A mate is a wolfs soul partner." Hunter says while still keeping eye contact with Logan; "And without their true mate by their side the wolf will become weaker." Hunter adds while flashing his teeth at Logan. This is so fucking weird. 

"But." Logan says with a dangerous smirk at Hunter; "A werewolf whose mate has died may choose a replacement. And mine is six. Feet. Under." Logan says while biting the air in front of Hunters face. Hunter flushes red as he pushed Logan hard on the chest which causes Logan to stumble back. But with all this drama going on I begin to forget about the real questions which need answering ones like how long have I been out? Where am I? Where do my parents think I am? And the most important question which has been burning on my mind ever since Logan carried me up the mountain, Am I in love with Logan Longthorp? Every time I see him my heart stop and my cheeks flush. 

"I am his mate, which means you are nothing more than a mateless Alpha, how pathetic." I hear Hunter say to Logan. Hunter's lips twist into a sadistic grin. 

"He maybe your mate Hunter, but he is my boyfriend. And do you know what?" Logan says with a vicious look all over him. He looks like a killer, so ferocious and deadly, but wait. Did he say boyfriend? I blush at my realisation. 

"What." Hunter says spitefully at him. Logan slowly smiles and he backs away from Hunter, walks towards me and looks at me in the eyes. What is he doing? The look in his eye is so intense and truthful, I feel like I could just fall into them. 

"I am whole heartedly, unconditionally in love with him." Logan says as he brushes a strand of my hair out of my eye. He loves me? I smile at his confession and suddenly I feel like my question which has been burning in my chest for so long has finally be answered. 

"Logan..." I am about to confesses my feelings for him but just before I can I hear an all too familiar voice yell at me from across the room. Kelli. 

"Oh hell to the no! Who did this to you! My poor baby!" Kelli says as she runs up to me, she is wearing a low cut yellow top which exposes her tanned stomach, her shorts are torn at the ends and she has no shoes on. Wait. Why is she here? 

"Kelli what are you doing here?" I ask still in the position I have been in for the last ten minutes. My back is in so much pain! 

"Haven't you given him Laversia blood?" Kelli asks Logan as she strokes my face tenderly. Her eyes are wild and for the first time I can look into Kelli's soul and see the truth. The truth is shocking yet it all makes sense. Kelli is a werewolf! This is why she is cheer caption! Last spring when she broke her leg she was back in practice within a week! So this is how she does it. 

"No I haven't, yet." Logan says while locking eye contact with Kelli.  

"So you're one too?" I ask Kelli. Kelli averts her eyes from Logan's to mine, she nods and smiles. I can't believe her! After everything I have ever done for her! I opened my heart to her and told her all my dark and shameful secrets!