Chapter Sixteen: Carrie

Getting caught looking at porn is embarrassing, getting caught masturbating is worse, getting caught about to have sex with claw marks down your back and a guy on top of you with a hard-on is just unspeakable. Hunter was dragged out, kicking and screaming, by Rowan and the beta. We were just getting to the deed when Danny runs into the house and tackles Hunter to the floor. As soon as Hunter was pushed off me I was missing his touch like crazy, and judging by the way Hunter was yelping and barking I am guessing he was missing it too.

"How is your back?" Danny asks as he passes me a glass of warm milk, I side it across the table and back to him.

"Yeah, stings a little but nothing that I cannot manage." I swallow the pain.

"Dude, you had to go to the pack doctor! Your lacerations were so deep that they could have killed you!" I roll my eyes but Danny seems to not be taking this as well as I am.

"Have you ever had sex with a werewolf-"

"Yeah. I am a quick healer and we are made for it, you're not." Danny replies as he picks up the milk and downs it in one. How can he drink that stuff! It tastes so nasty warm! I walk across the room with my bandages feeling like a corset on my chest, why did they have to do them so tight?

"Then why didn't it hurt me? I should have been crippling in pain."

"You're human-"

"But I am not! When are you guys going to start to treat me like an equal and not some bomb which is just begging to explode?"

"Look, it didn't hurt because he is your mate. If it was me, you would have been screaming for me to stop."

"Then why stop it?"

"You would have died. You don't heal as fast. You know that." I roll my eyes and lean back into the sofa and throw my head backwards.

"Where is Hunter?"

"He is at Alpha's getting his balls ripped off." My eyes fly open and I twist around quickly, ripping one of my stitches. "Not literally!" Danny runs up to me and steadies me.

"I will call the doctor. You go wait in the bathroom." I do as I am told and I walk up the stairs slowly towards the bathroom. I open the kitchen cabinet and take a couple pain-killers. I hear Danny walking upstairs, I sit on the toilet seat and wait for him.

"The doctor sent this over for you." He passes me a blue bottle.

"Laversia blood." I say as I take the bottle out of his hands and press it against my lips. The cool glass tickles my warm, still sore from Hunter, lips.

"You know it?"

"I was given it after I fell off the cliff." Danny nods in understanding. I lift the bottle up into the air.