TWENTY-FOUR

Primrose's eyes jolted open when she felt sharp jabs on her skin. She realised that she's underwater and it was freezing cold. She tried to swim up but it felt like something was pulling her back by the wrist.

Her right wrist felt heavy and and she glanced at it. She couldn't believe her eyes since it looked like the bracelet purposely pulling her deeper into the water.

The curse... it comes from the bracelet!

Primrose felt herself going deeper because it was getting darker.

She tried to find the end of the bracelet since she can't see anything. She was trying to take it off but she felt like she's running out of breath.

Is this how I'm going to die?

Her eyes slowly closed as her body slowly was sinking slowly. Her left hand was still searching for the hook. When her fingers finally felt it, she used her remaining energy to take it off.

The bracelet sunk slowly while Primrose's body felt light again as the pressure of her own body lifted her up slowly. She was finally floating.

But her eyes were already closed.

"Lumos Maxima!"

Primrose felt a hard yank on her wrist, like someone was pulling her up. But her eyes felt so heavy and she had completely ran out of energy.

Then, she felt an arm wrapping around her waist. She felt herself going up to the surface and when she's finally got out of the water, she inhaled the cold air slowly. A brief sigh of relief was let out but she was weak.

Primrose was laid down onto the ground while her head was on someone's lap.

"No... wake up!"

It's a male's voice.

"Wake up, please!"

The same voice kept on pleading.

"Primrose! Please wake up!"

No answer.

He sounded so desperate. The person was shaking her shoulders vigorously, really hoping for her to wake up.

"Primrose, please! I'm sorry! You were right and I was wrong! Wake up!"

T-Tom...?

Primrose was touched. She didn't know that Tom Riddle would still care about her. Most importantly, she never thought that he would finally admit that he was wrong.

He sounded so desperate and it sounded as if he almost cried.

Is he crying?

Primrose sighed, there was no doubt, that Tom Riddle was indeed a good friend. And he could really feel emotion. And he had kindness in him.

That was the last thought she had before she finally let out her last breath.

Lmao just kidding. Keep on scrolling.

Tom's POV

"We have a new student from Ilvermorny. She'll be continuing her sixth year here." Professor Dippet's voice echoed. The door slowly opened and revealed the new student. 

It was a rather late registration. I was quite surprised that Hogwarts accepted her which was quite unusual.

"Interesting. Intelligent. Very intelligent. Values hardwork. Oh my, ambitious too... My, my. Difficult, very difficult. Either Ravenclaw or Slytherin." The hat said.