SIXTEEN

The champions assembled in a waiting tent near the arena that had been built specifically for the Task. The first task was dragons. The champions had to draw one dragon from a small bag that's held by Bagman. The main task was to retrieve a golden egg that was being guarded by a dragon, and the egg would be located within a clutch of real dragon eggs.

The champions took turn to dip their hands into the bags and when Primrose did it, she pulled out a miniature replica of a Swedish Short-Snout dragon with number 2 hanging around its neck, meaning that she's going second.

Fuck my life.

She glanced at Konstantin who was just staring at the miniature replica, looking a bit disturbed. He got the Hungarian Horntail in which was said, the most fierce.

The worst thing was, he's going first.

"All the best, everyone." Primrose said and both of the champions nodded. Konstantin looked at her with a small smile, "All the best."

He walked out of the tent and after a few minutes, loud cheers could be heard, meaning that he already stepped into the arena.

Primrose and Fiore could hear the dragon roared and it honestly scared Primrose out. She sat on the bench, wrapping her face with her palms—anxious.

She glanced at Fiore who happened to have the same expression as her. It's a little comforting to know that she was not the only one who's nervous.

They didn't realise how long they were waiting but it sure felt short because they were nervous. Primrose groaned mentally when she was called, the next one to go. She breathed in and exhaled heavily before walking out of the tent, straight to the arena.

When the crowd cheered for her, she felt more nervous. She was even more nervous to see the gigantic dragon, chained.

She realised that there was a golden egg near it. It was not holding it, but it was right in front of the dragon's face. She assumed that she had to retrieve the golden egg.

For a second, she thought of her telekinesis, but then it would be a problem. Primrose sighed as she realised she had to use lots of energy for this task.

She thought of a spell that would put something or someone to sleep. As she stepped into the arena, the dragon roared and stood up from its position, ready to attack.

Primrose pointed her wand and enchanted the dragon to sleep. The dragon then plopped down to the ground, sleeping.

That was easy.

Her eyes widened when the dragon suddenly snored and flames came out from its nose. Primrose ran towards the golden egg and almost yelped when the dragon slightly moved its head to the side, darting the flames towards Primrose. She climbed the stone and quickly waved her wand, casting an extinguishing spell.

She sighed in relief when it works. As the fire was extinguished, she quickly ran out of the arena, towards the judges before the fire from the dragon's nose came out again.

The crowd cheered and the judges looked at her in disbelieve.

"It was effortless, Miss Quinton." Professor Dippet said, clapping his hands. She shrugged, "It's still exhausting. But thank you."

The result came out on the exact same day. It looked like the judges were impressed with Primrose's effortless attempt to retrieve the golden egg so she got the first place. Konstantin got second while Fiore got third place because her trousers got slightly burned by the dragon.

The champions were told that the golden egg they retrieved contained a clue on how to pass the second task. Without it, they had little chance of succeeding. The golden egg, obtained by the Champions by successfully defeating their dragon in the first task, contained a vital clue on how to approach and pass the second task. However, when opened, the egg shrieked and wailed in a loud, high-pitched whine that assaulted the hearing of anyone within range.