TWENTY-FIVE

Tom's POV
(Cont.)

I remembered the day when I was in the same group as Stretton, Bletchley and her. It was obvious that those two had a major liking on her.

I glanced at her a few times and I could understand why they both liked her.

She was attractive.

And my, my... when she drank the beautification potion, she was glowing. It didn't turn her into a different person. Her face remained the same.

Maybe it's because she's already beautiful.

Unlike other people who were considered as ugly, the potion would definitely change their physiques.

The potion enhanced her beauty.

After class, she quickly ran away from people who were mesmerised by her beauty. I didn't know why but I had a hunch that she was going to the library.

I was right.

She looked like she was in pain.

Was she sleeping?

"Are you alright, Quinton?" I asked. She looked up. She looked pale and I could see that she was hurting but she gave me a smile anyway.

She just had to spend her energy for me like that.

I had decided to stay with her for a while. I watched her sleep in front of me.

It felt weird, but somehow I didn't want to leave her alone. I took the book that she was reading before she slept. I read it until the end and finally left her alone.

It was a solid three hours.

I hesitated whether I should wake her up or not. But I decided not to. I was glad to see her arrived at dinner on time. Or else she would've been hungry.

Not that I care.

_____

A little humiliated, I must say.

I almost lost the duel against her. I was lucky to be quick and if it wasn't for her to be quite generous for not letting me fall off the platform.

But I was amused. She's smart and fast.

But not fast enough.

On the same day, Stretton actually shouted at her because she joined the Triwizard Tournament. I can't help but rolled my eyes.

She'll do what she wants.

I followed her to the library, trying to make a conversation with her. I didn't know why but I enjoyed talking to her.

But not when she started to lecture me about equality. It was the time when I knew that she didn't put her name in the Goblet of Fire. It made me curious too. Who would've done that?

I clenched my fists when she said that she didn't actually want to be a sorcerer.

She would rather live in muggle ways.

"You're being ungrateful. We have powers, Quinton. A lot out there are craving them, wanting to be the best and... powerful. Why choose to be one of the weak when you have powers coming from the tip of your fingers?" I said calmly, trying to contain my anger.

"You're not the be all and end of everything—both of you. Not the pure-bloods, not half-bloods, and not muggle-borns. Believe me when I say, one day, there are far worse things out there that's going to be a bigger of a problem. Rather than this petty thing about blood.