The butler & The maid, Gracefully disastrous

"Oh dear, well this turned into something unpleasant, master."

"Do you think 'unpleasant' covers it!?" Josephine snipped as she gave the butler's crude grin a harsh glare.

" Just one of those monsters is a hassle. Imagine ten times this!" The boy threw his arms up high into the air before coming back down at his sides with an exasperated sigh. 

Chewing on her bottom lip Josephine looked around at the various rows of empty coffins, sharp ears picked up the distant sounds of violent screams and cries of distress that bounced around the hollow walls.

Flesh being town apart, the gurgle of blood bubbling in people's throats-like vomit-until they choked-

"-Master what should we do?" 

Pulling herself out of her own head Josephine blinked and looked down at the boy.

"Sebastian and Josephine go ahead and take my aunt and the others to a safe place. Hopefully with the two of you you'll be able to take down twice as many of them than you would alone." The thought of him being left alone without her or the faithful butler made her breath hitch in her throat. 

Sure they had left him to tread on enemy territory alone before enemies lurking in every corner leaving him open and defenseless. 

But to leave him in the hands of fate? 

To leave him on his own to protect the lady he loves? 

Could he manage? Especially when the threat was the living dead?

"And what are you going to do?" Sebastian asked the boy with a raised eyebrow.

Holding up his gun he gave them both a stern look.

"We'd be just a burden. I also have a gun, we'll be okay for a while. Come back as soon as you're sure they are safe!"  

"Certainly!" They announced. 

Crouching down a bit, the butler allowed the woman to climb onto his back, legs wrapped firmly around his waist and arms around his neck, hoisting her up she glanced over at the boy, emerald green iris gently narrowed in on him as she felt her lips turn into a mocking grin. 

"You better keep him safe m'lady. He's a gentle thing our master."  

Feeling his cheeks flush bright red with embarassment, he opened his mouth to protest but the two were already gone, the sound of the lady's giggle making the maid smile, as they flew through the darkness like a bird in flight. 

Doors heavier than the two of them combined, were thrown open with little to no effort, seemingly long hallways grew short with in the blink of an eye. For a moment Josephine could have sworn the demon turned into a bird with the way they so gracefully lept and bounded out of the bottom freight storage and onto the base level of the ship.