The butler & The maid, Celebrating

"Happy birthday to you..."

"Mmm?"

"Happy birthday dear Cieeelll..."

"Mmmph

"Mmmph..."

"Happy birthday to you...Good morning young master, happy birthday."

"...Thank you Josephine."

The boy muttered as he watched the woman pull back the dark blue curtains.

With a groan of annoyance he slowly sat up and glanced over at the scenery that laid before him, the courtyard was blanketed in a sheet of white, untouched by anyone, not even the gardener. A sight he rather found interesting rather than the fresh green grass-a change of scenery wasn't exactly what he wished for, but it was a nice change of pace.

Handing him a tea cup filled with his signature tea along with today's paper, Josephine took her time picking out his outfit for the day, her soft humming practically dragged him back into his sleepy state but the burning hot drink in his hand kept him up and alert.

"What are my plans for today?" He questioned suddenly.

"Free reign actually," She spoke as she placed his attire at the foot of his bed.

" Sebastian and I have decided that today we should give you a day off from all your class." Almost choking on his tea he lightly cupped a hand over his mouth and began to cough horribly. Clicking her tongue she took the cup from his hands before replacing it with a napkin.

Taking a step back she watched as he regained composure before resting the napkin on his lap.

"O-Oh?"

"Yep-also- is there anything specific you would like for dinner?" She asked with a raised eyebrow as she handed him back the tea cup.

"No I guess not, whatever Bard prepares i'm sure I'll like." Taking a sip from his cup he frowned at the now slightly cooler drink.

He preferred it pipping hot as would anyone.

"Before I take my leave I forgot to mention there is still some paper work that needs to be done before your little vacation can truly begin." She reminded as she opened her masters bedroom door, taking the cup away from his lips he huffed and narrowed his eyes at her smirking expression from over the newspaper.

"Of course there is."

"And lastly, I have a special gift for you, but i'll just have to give it to you before bedtime."

Rolling his eyes he turned back to his reading.

"Whatever it is I don't want it. I don't need such materialistic things."

Frowning a bit at his words the woman just brushed them off, it was his birthday after all and wether he liked it or not he would receive it.

She relied on the childish curiosity he so often talked about to make a complete turn around on the offer.