the butler & the maid, stolen from

-First class passenger hallway-

"Viscount."

"Hm?"

"The Viscount is here."

"Hm? who are you? How do you know my name?"Oh well, considering I'm well-known in society as the incarnation of beauty, I suppose it's rare for someone 'not' to know me-Excuse me madame, but do I know you?"

"I'm afraid I've never seen you before sir. Please if you will allow me to ask why is someone like you in such a place?" 

She asked with a nervous tone in her voice that made the viscount smirk with a sickening interest that made Josephine's skin crawl. 

"This ship is full of living corpses prowling around you know." Sebastian chimed in with a raised eyebrow. 

"You know, there is something I absolutely want to protect, even if it means risking my life on this sinking ship," Gesturing to behind him the three noticed the device they had been looking all over for, begin carried out by a bunch of footmen.

"Actually, those corpses are just like puppets to me-oops! I guess I spoke too much...well then, excuse me." He chuckled before tossing his hair over his shoulder and proceeding to walk away.

"The complete flame in our chests! " Sebastian began.

"Shall not be extinguished by anyone. We are-" Having seen this ridiculous dance once before, Josephine only sighed and prepared herself for the utter embarrassment that was to come. 

"THE PHOENIX!" They shouted as they preformed the ridiculous pose. Smiling the viscount turned to the three.

"So you were comrades. I do remember seeing your faces before-"

"That device! Could it be something to stop the corpses?" Ciel questioned, causing the noble's once happy expression to suddenly turn dark. 

"Where did you get that information." His voice more serious than it was previously caused the boy to shiver slightly, before clearing his throat and continuing on with his questioning. 

"As I thought. Is it you, then!?" Turning his back on the three he simply raised his wine glass and went ahead of the men who carried the machine. 

"If you want to know just follow me, I will show you the coming of a new aurora thanks to medicine! Fine?" He rhetorically asked from over his shoulder before proceeding to lead the men to where ever it was he was going to. 

"Should I try to steal it from him by force?" Sebastian questioned as he leaned into his masters ear but he shook his head in refusal. 

"No, we don't know how to use it. Let's wait for him to activate it."Nodding in agreement the three prepared to follow but the woman's cunning sense of hearing picked up on a sort of laughter she couldn't mistake for anyone else's. 

"Undertaker is near, I know that laugh anywhere." Josephine muttered as she looked over to find said man carrying a part of the device, he would have blended in with them had she not heard his creepy giggling. 

"Hiya~" He sang as he gave the group a slight wave. 

"What are you doing here?" Ciel questioned as he gave the man an odd look. 

"While I was escaping I was asked to help carry this. And then you did that 'phoenix' thing again." He giggled causing the earl's cheeks to heat up to a bright red. 

"Forget that right away!" The boy snapped causing Josephine to raise a hand to her lips to cover up her laughter. Upon hearing that small laughter which sound like pure heaven to him, the undertaker quickly raced over to the woman and entwined her fingers with his.