Part 2

Jacob awoke to the sound of clicking. At first he thought it was just his alarm clock ticking, and brushed it off, then he remembered where he was, and what had happened, he shook himself awake, and looked out of the hollow he had slept in. Right outside, there was a shelled creature with 6 legs investigating the tree, with beady eyes and waving antennas. Jacob let out a shriek, and the thing extended giant pincer claws and began to rip apart the tree in a frenzy, all while clicking frantically. Jacob screamed again and booted it in the face, knocking it over on its back. He scampered out of the hole and started to run. Looking back, the thing had righted itself, and began scuttling towards him at surprising speed. He might be faster, but this monster lived in this place and knew the area far better, as well as being adapted to the environment. Jacob bet the stupid thing couldn't climb a tree though. The question was, could he? He was going to have to find out real quick, or end up that weird creatures next meal! He ducked under a branch , and wrapped his arms and legs around the trunk of a tree, then began to shimmy his way up. When the freaky thing reached the base of the tree, it looked around, almost seeming confused? Of course! It couldn't look up! It had no neck! He waited for it to lose interest and leave, but instead, it buried itself under a pile of gunk and dirt. He pulled himself onto a branch, and caught his breath. But he wasn't out of the woods yet! (No pun intended) after resting for a bit, he began to hear a sort of buzzing sound. Looking around, he saw some weird winged bug flying towards him! He yelped, and without thinking jumped out of the tree, only to land on the buried thing that chased him before! It burst up from underneath him, just as startled as Jacob was. Looking around frantically for a way to escape, he saw cave and rushed inside. He looked behind him and saw both creatures back off warily. He turned back and ran face first into something really hard, and scaly. He slowly looked up, seeing first a neck, then a scaly mouth, and elongated snout, and finally two large glowing eyes. A low growl came out of the thing in front of him, and he saw the three pairs of claws. He gulped. Jacob fell on his back, and closed his eyes, waiting for the teeth or the claws, or the pincers that would kill him. Instead he felt it gently pick him up, and carry him further into the cave.