Part 6

Jacob walked through the cave, feeling generally relaxed by the music from his Pipboy. It was the first time in two days that he wasn't all that tired, and even though he was in a cavern, he seemed to have escaped the previous danger. As he walked, he looked around. In the distance he could see some sort of light, and that was where he was going. As he went, he began to hear what sounded like clicking, the kind you hear when a dog walks on tiled floor. As Jacob walked the clicking sound got faster, and closer, and much louder, like there was more of whatever was making the noise. Startled, Jacob looked around for something to defend himself. Seeing a hefty looking rock, he grabbed it, struggling with the weight, and held it above his head, ready to throw. He saw something scampering towards him, fast and low to the ground. He grunted and threw the rock at it, but the thing dodged around the poorly aimed projectile, continuing towards him. "Oh no." Jacob turned and sprinted towards the distant light, going as fast as he could. Whatever was behind him was faster, and caught up fast. Panting, he looked back and saw it had a gaping foaming mouth, beady eyes, and long whiskers. "NOPE!" Running with renewed vigour and full of adrenaline, he ran even faster than before, intent on NOT being eaten. As the light grew closer, he could see it was an opening! He shot out of the hole as fast as his legs would carry him, his cry of joy quickly turning to a scream as he realized that he was falling through the air.