Part 3

Jacob kept his eyes closed, curled himself tighter, scared out of his mind, at the fact that he was being carried into a dark cave by a large scary reptile, maybe to be its dinner! The thought of that made him cry. He had barely escaped one horror show, only to land right in another. What was the phrase? Out of the frying pan, into the fire? More like out of the Vault, and into a stomach! Tears flooded out, and he whimpered softly. Suddenly he was laid down into something warm and soft, almost like a bed? He peeked one eye open, and saw a big green eye staring back! "Eep!" Jacob closed his eyes and covered his head. But the big lizard didn't hurt him. He sat there, waiting for it to bite him, or tear him open, but instead, it began to gently stroke his head, like it was comforting him. He stopped crying he was so shocked. He felt himself be lifted up and cradled, like a baby in it's mothers arms. He open his eyes and saw the big creature tucked up in the nest, sleeping. What was he being held by? He looked up, and saw an even bigger lizard cradling him. Jacob has no idea why, but he began to feel less scared. His muscles relaxed a small bit, and the lizard shifted him to be more comfortable. He felt really tired, and let out a small yawn. The mother (he presumed it was the mother of the one that carried him in) chortled gently in response. She set him down in a pile of dry leaves and moss, and began to stroke the poor, scared, exhausted little thing that it's baby brought to the nest. She laid down, curled her tail around Jacob, and dozed off to the sounds of the little creature breathing.