ch.9

The two children stared in horror at the massive creature that stood in front of them. The bugs quickly gathered together as it took shape of a giant Yashiro! As the monster swung its fist down towards Yashiro, Kou quickly grabbed her and jumped aside before the blow.

"Bring it on whatever you are!" Kou shouted as he pointed his weapon. Sparked with power but.

A tiny pop was all that comes from the weapon. Kou panics as he remembered that Atsuko sealed his staff. " Damit you ghost, and Hanako you flush bucket!" Kou shouted as a white wisp appeared.

"You called," Atsuko smiled as she and Hanako appeared suddenly.

As the creature growled and sent a horde of its moths towards them, Atsuko quickly pulled out some water from her skin and formed a shield around Yashiro and Kou. The moths bouned pitifully off the surface, as Hanako made quick work of the monster itself. By slicing off its head with his knife.

"Hi! Nice to see you!" Hanako smiled.

"You saved us. Thanks, Hanako, Atsuko," Yashiro sighed in relief.

Suddenly Hanako started to push some space between Yashiro and Kou, as he suddenly wrapped his arms around Yashiro with a smug look on his face. Atsuko and Kou stared in confusion as Kou asked what Hanako was even doing, to which he says.

"Nothing honey bear," With a smirk on his face.

As I watched, my heart burned and twisted once more. As I tried to still my heart, a thought appeared in my mind.

'Is this some sort of twisted karmic punishment? I die by the hands of a one-sided love and know I find myself in one. And my form a mermaid, a being who is always found in a one-sided loved. How ironic,' I thought bitterly to myself as I shoved my feelings down and put on a smile.

"Hey! What do you think your doing here?!" shouted a voice from the long hall.

"Oh! I'm sorry Sir!" Yashiro apologized.

"Watch where you're going, look what you done to my books," The man sighed in annoyance.

The humans gasped as another creature appeared behind the man, but suddenly it was swiftly defeated by a third hand that appeared behind the man's back. This man was not human.

"This... This is why I hate kids so much. Your sticky and you don't know when to shut up," The man growled. as his extra arms grabbed the humans. " So cause the book is read, you just couldn't help yourself to read the future could you. Bad idea, bad."

The man smirked as he ate one of the moths to intimidate them and threatened to hurt them, but Hanako quickly put a stop to him. With a sigh number 5 quickly dropped the kids without care.

"Let me introduce you to this is number 5, the 4 o'clock library. This is Mr. Tsuchigomori," Hanako introduced.

"What, he's a teacher and a wonder?" Yashiro asked.

"Hmm, It's not as bizarre as you may think. When you think about it, we appreciation need to be active in our rumors to exist. You may even have friends that are not human anymore and not even notice," Tsuchigomori explained.

"Isn't that dangerous?" Kou asked.

"More like uncomfortable, but it's never dangerous with us around," Atsuko added as she walked over to Hanako's side, as Yako hopped on her shoulder.