Ch.2

Since the day of Yashirou bound herself to Hanakou, she has spent a lot more time in the bathroom than she bargained for. She would whine and complain about being more of a maid than an apprentice. So it was surprising to find her at my pond with a handful of candy.

"So what business do you have with me, Yashirou," I asked the trembling girl.

"I-I want your help with something, my and everyones stuff went missing suddenly. And I think the Yusai are behind it, and I don't want to go alone!" Yashirou wailed.

"Yusai?"

I don't believe they were called Yusai, well it's probably the humans changing some things I guess. Looking behind her was Hanako's spirit orb, so Hanako's up to something.

"Though it seems that Hanako already has his eye on you, so I don't see why you need to come to me," I reasoned, cause I was feeling lazy today.

"I just don't want to go alone," Yashiro said.

"Fine, and because you're hanako's assistent I'll give you a free pass this once," I said as I leaped out of my pond.

I quickly transformed into my human form.

----------

Atsuko leaped into the air and transformed into a really pretty human girl. She wore a beautiful kimono with cute goldfish patterns on it.

 She wore a beautiful kimono with cute goldfish patterns on it

"Well shall we get going?" She asked simply.

"R-right," I stuttered as I quickly caught up to her.

We made our way through the old section of the school. It was eerily quiet as Atsuko walked with confidence through the halls . I cautiously looked around for any scary spirits.

"Oh, what's this, a textbook?"Atsuko asked.

Looking down on the ground was my textbook and my broach! As I picked up my things I noticed a trail of lost things. Following the trail around the corner to see a giant monster staring back at me. It's many hands reaching out to grab me, but Atsuko grabbed the back of my collar and pulled me away just out of it's grasp. With a wave of her arms water appeared and restrained the monster.

"Split them apart hakujoudai," A boy's voice commanded.

A white orb made quick work of the monster as the water splatted and seeped into the walls and floor. I sighed in relief as the monster was vanquished.

"Between boys and Appreciation I can't tell who you wish to embarrass yourself over more. What is the deal, you do know you can still die right?" Hanako asked as he kneeled to my level.

I was speechless as I just stared up at him. I needed hi- them to save me ,again.

"Dramatic timing as always Hanako," Atsuko laughed tiredly.

Hanako looked up with a smile, but it quickly turned to a panicked expression. I turned to see the skin on her arms were horribly shriveled. I gasped at the sight as hanako pulled out a water bottle and poured it's contents on her arms. Her skin quickly smoothed out as the water absorbed into her skin.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Don't use your powers when your away from your pond," Hanako scolded.

"W-what happened to her?" I asked.

"Because there was no water nearby, I used the moisture in my skin to fight,"  Atsuko explained.

"D-did you hurt?" I asked.

"Kind off, but not by a lot," She said trying to laugh it off.

"Well If I didn't come you would have more than just the water in your arms, and then you would have really hurt yourself," Hanako said as he hugged her.

His face was buried into the crook of her neck, as a sad and guilty look formed on Atsuko's face. She slowly returned his embrace and mumbled.

"I'm sorry Hanako," Atsuko apologized.

Oh my gosh it was just like that cute story where the girl is ruff and reckless and the guy would pour out his heart and concerns about her. It's so cute and wholesome. I gushed in my head. 

Suddenly I was pulled from my thoughts when something landed on my head. It was pink and looked like a bunny. Hanako and Y/n explained they were called Mokke, little cute trickster spirits and that a spirit is tied to their story. If they don't follow it then they will disappear.

"So will up help us, Yashiro," They asked in unison.

"Yes I will, anything to help my friends," I said with a smile.

-------------

It was just past dawn and Yashiro went home and it was just me and Hanako at the pond. Ever since the incident he never left my side. He continued to sit at the edge of my pond.

"I'm alright Amane," I said, swimming up to him.

I gently held his hands as he slowly tightened his grip on mines.

"I just don't want to be alone again, Y/n," Hanako said queitly.

"Your not alone anymore. You have me and Yashiro now, and something tells me your going to get a few more friends," I reassured him.

"Thank you Y/n, but next time let me handle the fighting," Amane said.

"Haha, I'll try, but I can't make any promises," I smiled.

----------