Ch.4

It was a nice peaceful visit to the haunted bathroom. Hanako and I were playing a good game of cards when suddenly the door slammed open and a sobbing Yashiro came running in. She went on and on about how her friend Aoi vanished and how no one seems to remember her. Suddenly Kou barged into the bathroom screaming his face off about his convenient missing friends. While all that was happing I took a small peek at Hanako's hand when he wasn't paying attention.

"Atsuko, you'll help too right," Yashiro sobbed as she grabbed my hand.

I stared into her teary eyes as she tried not to burst into tears. I couldn't say no to those puppy eyes. So I caved.

"Alright, so who's boundary are we entering?" I asked Hanako.

"Boundaries?" Yashiro asked.

-------

"They are like portals to the spirit realm. Once a human enters there, the person's entire existence is erased," Atsuko explained.

"Oh yeah, I heard of them before. They're like giant seas of sadness, existing between this shore of this life and the next. Where spirits go when they got no direction," Kou explained.

"But they can still come back right?" Yashiro asked Hanako, as tears ran down her face.

Atsuko's heart broke for Yashiro, as she watched her human friend tremble in fear.

"Aww, now what's this face for?" Hanako cooed as he squished Yashirou's face.

"Okay, that's enough!" Kou shouted as he got between Nene and Hanako.

"What's the matter? You don't believe in positive information?" Hanak asked as he wiggled his fingers.

"Not from a handsy ghost," Atsuko deadpanned.

"Are you seriously going to take Nene to the country place with you?" Kou asked.

"I'm most seriously am," Hanako confirmed.

"I'm coming with you, I don't trust you can keep her safe," Kou growled.

"Alright, but while my assistant will have my protection I can't say the same for you," Hanako teased.

"Like I need help from a ghost," Kou scoffed.

"Then I guess I don't need to hear from you who are being shredded," Hanako Tanted.

"SHUT UP!" Kou shouted.

"Don't worry Kou I'll watch your blind spots," Atsuko Smiled caringly at Kou.

Hanako could feel his chest tighten uncomfortably as he focused on Atsuko's lovely smile and caring gaze.

"Well, then It's off to Misaki stairs!" Hanako said cheerfully as he grabbed Atsuko's hands.

----------

The Misaki stairs, it's been a while since I've been here. It was still beautiful with bold aesthetics and red-orange lanterns. Yashiro and Kou seem to be taking things well... Enough. They were pretty freaked out by the dolls and the lack of horrors Hanako told them about.