Chapter 16

"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."

Dolly Parton

*****

Sam stood up and started pacing back and forth. His hands were in his hair as he was pulling at them.

“Please tell me you are joking” he said.

“I am not joking Sam. I am the hybrid they are looking for.”

His hand left his hair and flew to the wall making a big hole. Shocked at his reaction I backed up towards the other wall. Dan stood up trying to calm him down. He punched the wall again, and again leaving several holes.

Turning, he looked at me with black eyes.

“You are the hybrid? My mate is the hybrid? The moon goddess is surely playing a game with me” he laughed evilly.

“Fuck you and Fuck the moon goddess. That is why I never wanted a mate. Yes I never wanted you Izzy” He said as he flipped his office desk over.

Papers were flying everywhere, the entire office was a mess.
I was standing there crying as I felt my heart break. My wolf was whimpering as she disappeared to the back of my head not wanting anything from me any longer, blaming me for her mates rejection.

“Please Sam I didn’t mean for this to happen. I didn’t even know I was the hybrid until a few days ago. I didn’t know anything. Please forgive me.” I sobbed as I fell to the ground. My legs felt so weak to even support my weight.

He turned his focus on me “You’re sorry? Sorry for what? Sorry in advance for killing me, destroying my pack and destroying the other packs?! You are evil Isabelle. A hybrid is evil!”

I felt a lump stuck in my throat, I didn’t know what to say maybe I am evil after all. I cried more as I felt myself choking, I felt like someone was suffocating me.

“Come on Izzy let’s get you out of here” Dan said as he lowered himself to pick me up from the floor.

As he was picking me up I felt someone snatch me out of his hands and drop me on a chair. Opening my eyes I see an angry Sam pushing Dan into the wall.

“Where are you taking her? What do you think you are doing?” Sam spat out. “I will kill you before I let you take her anywhere!”

“STOP IT!” I yelled at Sam. Spinning around he faced me with fury in his eyes. I was terrified from the beast inside of him. He lunged at me and wrapped his hands around my throat.

Trying to calm him down, I placed the palm of my hand on his cheek and whispered “It is okay baby, let it all out. I’m so sorry for putting you through this” as tears rolled down my cheeks.

Sensing my sadness, he let go of my neck as he put his forehead on mine and whispered “I am sorry.” His beast finally calmed down.

“I need to be away from here, I need to go for a run” He said.

Eli came running inside the office. “Fuck man what happened here?”

Sam pulled away from me as he turned to Eli, “I am going for a run. Don’t let them leave the office” He growled as he walked away.

At that moment I felt that strange power grow inside me again. It felt like a blazing fire was burning in my heart. Suddenly all the light bulbs exploded in the office, and the windows shattered.

“Shit what is happening?” Eli asked shocked “Are we being under attack?”

My own body was now filled with fury at what Sam said. All he said kept playing in my head. I am evil and I will hurt the ones I love. I was upset, angry, sad, annoyed all together. My magic was blooming more and more and was going to get lose in any way. I was trying to shut my head off to not think of anything so I don’t hurt anyone and that was taking a toll on me.

Strong thunder and lightning strikes were heard and seen outside. “What the heck? We don’t usually get strong thunder and lightning like this at this time of the year” Eli said alarmed.

“Is this you Izzy?” Dan whispered. As he looked at me, he saw my eyes shinning a bright gold color. “Are you alright Izzy?” He tried asking but I couldn’t even answer.

I felt my body being controlled by something else, it frightened me. I tried taking control of my body again but I could not. I lost control of myself and I was going to hurt the people I care of just like what the warlock and Sam said.

“Hurry Eli mind link a doctor to get any drug that can put Izzy to sleep or relax her body.” I heard Dan yell.

After a few moments I felt a prick and then another on my hand and that’s when I saw the darkness taking me.

“You’re back so soon baby girl.” my mom said.

“I don’t know what happened mom, but I lost control of myself. I probably hurt the people I care about” I sobbed into her arms. “That evil warlock was right. I am going to be the end of all the packs, I am going to kill my own mate and destroy my pack.”

My mom was rubbing my back and trying to calm me down. “You can control it. Just give it time, I know you are stronger than this Isabelle.”

“I know what your mate did and said Isabelle, but you have to forgive him. You need him to help you control the dark side of your magic. The dark side is the one taking control of your body. Without your mate it is very hard to control it because you are a hybrid.” She said while playing with my hair. “You are not a full witch, you are half a witch and only one side can win, either the white magic or the dark magic.”

“The last hybrid that everyone talks about, his name was Jonathan. He never found his vampire mate that’s why his dark magic took control of him. But that was never recorded in the books that is why no one knows that a mate can help a hybrid control their powers.”

“What if Sam doesn’t accept me because I am the hybrid?” I mumbled

“I don’t know child, but what I know is that the mate bond is strong and if he comes back to you forgive him because you need him and he needs you. A werewolf especially an Alpha will get lost and weak if he rejects his mate.” She said kissing me on my forehead.

“It is time for you to rest now sweetheart, please be careful. I will see you soon.” she whispered before disappearing.

Opening my eyes I noticed I was in a dark masculine room. Sam’s scent was all over the place so I knew it was his room. Trying to get up and sit up straight my body refused what I was doing as pain radiated all over. Groaning in pain, I felt someone rush to my side.

“Here drink some water” Sam said “the medication was strong on you, they had to put two needles in you to shut you down.”

“Thank you” I mumbled still annoyed with what he did and said to me.
He turned on a small lamp on the bedside table. As I looked at him I noticed a new fading scare on his face. It looked like he got it recently but was healing due to our fast healing as werewolves. “What happened to your face?” I asked.

“A branch of tree fell on me as I was taking a run in the forest. The lightning was very strong you know…” He smirked at me.

“Listen Isabelle, I really want to apologize to you about everything I said and did to you. I was just mad at myself and at everyone that my wolf took control, he was also mad. If you want to reject me I understand, but please give me a second chance at being a good mate.” He pleaded.

“I don’t want to reject you Sam. You are my second half but you have to learn how to control your anger and your wolfs anger.” I said as I cupped his face in my hands. “But that doesn’t mean I forgive you so easily, you have to work for it a little more” I teased him.

Getting up he hugged me and gave me a soft kiss on the lips. “Go to rest love, we will talk in the morning or afternoon since it’s already morning” he said.

“I have to go talk to Eli and Dan and a few other wolves to explain to them what is going on. I need you to know one thing, I will protect you with my life Isabelle.” He whispered in my ears before leaving.