Chapter 7

Each morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.

Buddha

*****

All I hear around me is beeping sounds, I tried to open my eyes, but I was met by a bright light which made me flinch. After my eyes Adjusted to the light, I opened them and noticed that I was in a hospital bed.

Looking around, I saw Lily sleeping on the chair next to my bed. She must have sensed I woke up because she opened her eyes rushing to my side with a cup of water in her hand.

I drank a few sips from the cup which made my dry throat feel better. After thanking Lily for the cup of water she asked me with concern on her face “How are you feeling does anything hurt?”

“I’m okay I guess, what happened why am I here?” The last thing I remember was the fight with the Alpha.

“You just have 2 broken ribs that are healing and your ankle is already almost healed from the bite. You fainted because your head hit the tree pretty strong. You’ve been out for a few hours only, but the doctor might leave you in the hospital tonight just to make sure everything is okay and you don’t have a concussion.”

“But we might have a little problem” she added in a low whisper.

“What’s wrong Lily? Don’t hide anything from me”

“Your brother called while you were out, and he knows what happened so he is on his way here and he is very upset.”

“Shit. What about the rogues did Sam kill them?” I asked worried

“No, the girl is better, she is in the room next to yours, and the boy I think is still in the cells.”

The door opened and in walked the doctor followed by Sam and Eli.

“Hey beautiful how are you feeling?” Eli asked

“I’m fine thank you for asking Eli” I replied nicely without looking towards Sam.

Sam stood tensed looking everywhere but me.

The doctor checked up on me and said everything was okay, that I healed very fast compared to a normal werewolf which surprised him.

A nurse then walked into the room and removed my IV, and I was discharged from the hospital.

Walking out of the room, I was met face to face with an angry Chris. “Hey Chris, don’t flip I am fine.” I said quickly before he starts yelling.

He stared at me then at Sam behind me “We are leaving tonight.” Was all he said before taking a few sniffs and tensing.

“Are you okay Chris?” I asked concerned

Following him he entered to the room next to mine in the hospital. “Mine” he said while looking at Aileen sitting on the hospital bed.

Aileen was frozen in place as she looked at Chris.

Chris Faced us with an angry expression on his face “Who did this to her?” he asked as he gazed from Sam to Eli.

“I did Chris, she attacked me and I thought she was a rogue before giving them the chance to explain and bringing her here. She is one of the rogues i told you about earlier.”

“We will talk about this later. We will be leaving tonight with my mate, her brother, and you Izzy.”

When Chris said that I saw Sam stiffen.