Chapter 20

The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts.

Marcus Aurelius

Sams POV

“I am the Hybrid”

I didn’t know what to do or say as I heard those words leave her mouth. My wolf was beyond angry at this moment which didn’t help me control my own angriness. All I saw at that moment was red. I wanted to break everything around me, to hurt someone to feel things crush between my fingers.

My mind kept on going back and forth to what the moon goddess told me in the dream. “Your actions will either be the rise of her or the fall of her”.

The moon Goddess is probably playing games with me, or she is punishing me for rejecting her gift, the gift of a mate.

All I felt was anger building inside me as my fists flew in every direction, leaving holes everywhere. It felt good and bad at the same time but I wasnt satisfied, I wanted to destroy more, I wanted to destroy everything, my thirst for destroying things wasn’t replenished yet, my anger was just starting.

The moon goddess probably paired me up with a hybrid mate to destroy my pack, to make me suffer and regret taking a mate for granted. Evil words left my mouth, words that I never meant to say words that will hurt my mate. I hurt my mate.

My mate was crying and shaking in the corner. She was saying words that didn’t even reach my ears. I couldn’t understand a word she said, I couldn’t hear anything. All my mind was focused on was to destroy things to let my anger out.

That idiot Dan, made the biggest mistake of his life when he touched my mate. I wanted to kill him if it wasn’t for the scream that came out of Isabelles mouth “STOP IT” I would have surely ended his life.

My wolf snapped at her voice and lunged at her. My hands were around her neck ready to snap it, but when I felt her small hands on my face and the tingles dance on my skin my wolf calmed down a bit.

“I’m sorry” I whispered as I left the office quickly to go for a run to calm myself more.

I didn’t even know if she was going to forgive me for the words I said.

As I was walking out the pack house I heard the windows break in my office, and something exploded. I shifted and watched my clothes rip into shreds as I ran deeper into the forest and that’s when thunder and lightning striked. I knew it was my mates powers. I ran and ran until I felt something snap and fall on my head scratching my face. I howled in pain as I continued running until I got to a small cave.

I saw a deer next to the cave and decided to hunt it down. I did not even eat it. I ripped it to shreds and left it for the other wild animals to eat as I sat down in the cave.

Out of nowhere the lightning and thunder stopped and everything  was back to normal.

Eli’s voice rang though the link “Where are you Sam? We had to put the Luna down”.

Hearing this provoked me and my wolf. Whoever put my Luna down was going to get his death sentence today. I ran back to the pack house. When I got there I shifted back into human and ran upstairs to look for Izzy.