Chapter 8

*Chris and his mate Aileen at the top*
_____________________________________________

Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment, until it becomes a memory.

Dr. Seuss

*****

The next morning arrived quickly. Jumping out of bed, I took a quick shower, got dressed and went downstairs to say my goodbyes to everyone.

"I'll see you soon Beta" I said as I hugged him "thank you for taking good care of me and showing me around."

I then turned my attention to Sam "thank you Alpha for letting me stay a couple of days here. I know I was meant to stay longer but things took a turn and I have to head back now. Sorry for whatever trouble I caused you." I saw Sam flinch at what I said.

"I'll see you soon Isabelle, take care of yourself" he replied with sadness in his voice.

After saying our goodbyes, we all hopped into Chris's car. Chris was the one driving, Aiden was sitting next to Chris in the front, and Aileen, Lily and I were at the back.

Lily and Aiden decided to come with us to the red moon pack for now. They will later decide if they want to go back to the Golden moon pack since Sam offered Aiden a warrior spot in his pack.

“Chris what’s wrong with you today? You look like you’re thinking of something hard and you’re not happy about it” I asked.

“There is nothing to worry about. Just forget it.”

“Does it have to do with why Sam asked to talk to you alone?”

“Let it go Izzy I said” he shut me out.

The ride was long and tiring. I couldn’t fall asleep as my wolf was stirring in my head all the time and was whimpering because we left Sam. For some reason she felt comfortable around him.

After a few more hours in the car we finally arrived home. Jumping out of the car I hugged my mom, dad and Dan. They were all waiting for us in the front of the pack house.

"I missed you all" I said as I walked into the pack house.

Dan mind linked me to show Lily and her mate around and give them one of the guest rooms. I took Lily and Aiden to a tour of the pack house and showed them their new bedroom.

I lived with my parents and Chris in a two floor house, but now since Chris found his mate he will be moving to the betas floor in the pack house.

Dan offered me a room after I came back from Europe in the pack house but I declined, I just wanted to be next to my parents.

Heading back to the house with my mom and dad, I went to my bedroom to freshen up.

After dressing in a black shorts and olive green shirt, I went to the pack office to discuss the rogue problem with Dan and the others. We told Dan everything that happened and he decided to double the guards and train the warriors harder in case the rogues and witches decide to come to our pack next.

A few days passed by, Aiden and Lily decided to accept Sam’s offer to stay at the Golden moon pack.

“I will miss you Lily” I said while hugging her “I wish you could stay here with us.”

“I will see you soon Isabelle when you come to the ball. I won’t be at the ball but I will be around the pack land to see my beautiful friend” she said squeezing me tight before getting in the car and leaving.