021.

NARRATIVE

emeline-

as i heard the noises upstairs, i tried to untie my hands out of the tie.

when mariano caught me talking in the phone he punched me leaving a bruise on my cheekbone.

"em?!" i heard a voice shout from the top.

"over here!" i tried to get the zip ties off my feet but mariano had tightened them a lot more than before.

as i heard the door unlock i saw alejandro and mattia run down the stairs.

"oh my god, let me help you" mattia got a pocket knife and cut the zip ties off.

"i'm so sorry for no protecting you" he hugged me as tears began to stream down my face.

"that asshole is going to rot in hell for what he did to you" alejandro pulled me into a hug as well, we headed up and into the car but we couldn't leave because they had to interrogate me.

"those bruises on your face did you do that?" the police officer questioned.

i nodded my head as i tried to hold back my hears from falling.

"what was the last thing you can remember from before you got here?"

"i was walking to look for my friend at the mall and i bumped into him. he pulled me out of there and took me to his car where he placed a cloth over my mouth and that's all i can remember"

"you recall another man besides mr. castano?" the officer was writing everything i said down so i tried to get every detail in there's

"yeah, he was a bit older, i remember he was wearing a blue collared shirt, his hair was gray and his eyes were green"

"okay thank you for your time. we will let you know when we will take this to trial alright" we had left after everything got settled. i felt anxious a part of me was still sacred despite the fact that i may have been traumatized.

as we pulled into the driveway, my mom, vic and kairi were waiting outside.

my mom immediately ran towards me with tears in her eyes and she broke down once she saw my face.

"mi vida, i'm so sorry"