030.

NARRATIVE

emeline-

i somehow convinced mattia and the boys to let me go to the party, they only allowed it because they wanted to go.

it was 3:30 when i began to get ready, i out my music and zoned out for a bit.

i got up to look for the outfit i was going to wear, i found a perfect black dress. it was sparkly, it wasn't too short but also not too long.

i looked at myself in the mirror for any final touches that needed to be done.

"em, you ready?" mattia shouted from the living room being the impatient man that he is.

"coming" i slipped on my heels, grabbed my purse and headed down the stairs.

"and who are you trying to impress" kairi shouted as he saw me walk down the stairs.

"you never know, today can be the day i find my prince charming" i flipped my hair causing him to laugh.

kairi got into the passenger seat next to mattia who was our designated driver. leaving me in the back with alejandro.

"you look beautiful" he smiled.

"thanks ale" i placed my head on his shoulder as we drove up to the house.

my stomach was spinning, i didn't feel sick i was just nervous. for what reason, who knows.

mattia couldn't find a parking spot, so he left us at the front while he looked for one.

we walked up the stairs that we're out front revealing vinnie waiting outside. he smiled as we made eye contact.

"hey guys" he pulled all of us into a hug. this was the first time kairi and alejandro had seen him. but i had told them to be a little lenient on him.

as we walked through the doors the same stench of alcohol hit my nose just like the first time i had attended a party here.

kairi left to go do whatever he was going to do and alejandro wouldn't leave my sight until mattia pulled him out for a little.

"do you want anything to drink?" vinnie stood next to me.

"a water please" i was beginning to get a little anxious due to the amount of people that were there.

"stay here i'll be right back" he jumped over the couch running into the kitchen.

"hey can we talk?" a familiar voice from behind said.

i turned to meet faces with emily, i wasn't ready to talk nor see her but i did what i needed to do.

"sure" i patted the spot next to me and she walked over to sit.

"look i just want to apologize, i know i betrayed our friendship and you will probably never trust me every again but i was just so jealous of the perfect life you had. and to think if i messed it up it would make me feel better but it didn't. i felt like a piece of shit. after seeing everything that had happened to you i felt guilty, you know and i'm just sorry" i didn't say anything but i just hugged her.

"we obviously won't start at the same spot we were at, but we can go slow okay?" she smiled at the words that had come out of my mouth, hugging me again.

"now go have fun" she walked away and vinnie followed right after.

"here sorry i took so long, the fridge is filled with everything but water. but i found one" he sat next to me, putting his arm around my shoulder.

it was now 11:45, only 15 more minutes and then i could go to sleep. saying i was tired was an understatement.

if it wasn't mattia who was checking on me it was kairi and so on. it was better for me to go outside where there was less rage and people. i pulled a chair and looked at the stars.

"i was wondering where you were" alejandro came out and sat next to me.

"how are you feeling?"

"a little tired and overwhelmed but what can you do there's only a few minutes left" i smiled as i noticed the stars becoming brighter over time.

"i remember you would always geek over anytime of astrology but when you got with mariano you stopped doing everything you liked" he said looking down at me.

"i mean that's all i could do, that manipulative bitch wouldn't even let me leave my house. i don't know why i kept myself in that spot for so long-"

"guys there's 10 seconds left" a random guy came and shouted making everyone who was outside run inside.

as soon as i entered the door, i could hear the song that reminded me of him.

"i don't know what i'm supposed to do, haunted by the ghost of you"

"..5..4..3..2" everyone chanted, i could see couples looking for each other to have their magical moment. vinnie found his way towards me flashing his big smile.

"..1" i turned to vinnie, he smiled as he pulled me in for a kiss.

and there i had it, my first new years kiss.

the moment felt magical, it was like a scene you see in those rom-com movies. it was perfect.

"take me back to the night we met"

authors note:
yup, that's it y'all. thank you so much for supporting me through reading this book even though i know it's not the best. it reached 10k reads over the course of writing it. thank you all again and let me know if y'all want another one!!