022.

NARRATIVE, INSTAGRAM

emeline-

it had been a week after everything happened. i could no longer go anywhere without anyone which kinda made me annoyed because i couldn't shop in peace.

it was now christmas, i hadn't talked nor seen vinnie since everything happened. did it bother me? yes. but was it better for everything to stay like that? also yes.

gianluca woke us all up pretty early for a matter of opening presents early.

"em, wake the fuck up before i drag you down the stairs myself" mattia came into my room again as i sat up on my bed.

"let me go brush my teeth and i'll be right down after just start without me"

"you know we can't do that hurry up" mattia pulled me out of bed knowing if he left me there i would stay there all day.

i managed to get up and brush my teeth quickly running downstairs afterwards.

"finally you took eternity" gianluca said as he was getting very impatient.

"gian, be nice to your sister. you guys can start now" my mom said as she began to hand out presents to all of us.

i watched as my brothers geeked over the gifts they were receiving. i know i looked like i was doing better but mentally i was just out of it.

"principessa, open your presents" my dad said as he noticed that i was just watching.

as i opened my gifts i realized how much i had to be grateful to be alive right now. i wasn't supposed to make it out of there alive.

"do you like it?" my mother said as she interrupted my thoughts.

i looked down and saw the shoes i had been wanting since forever.

"i love them, thank you" i got up and gave my parents a hug.

"can i take a break? i'm not really feeling this" my mom nodded and i went to the backyard to catch some air.

as i scrolled through my phone i was getting a bunch of notifications that i was on tiktokroom. so like a normal human being i checked and it was a picture of vinnie and emily hanging out on rodeo drive.

there wasn't anything i could do, i wanted to get rid of that part of my life.

so i unfollowed both of them. i locked my phone and went back inside. by this time all of my friends had made it over with their gifts for the gift exchange we were having.

"em, can i talk to you?" my mom came up to me and i followed her as she lead me into a guest room.

"you doing okay?" she looked at me and i sat down.

"yeah i'm just not really feeling it. i still feel like i'm out of it" my eyes began to fill with tears.

"i've got you set up with a therapist right after the holidays alright. everything is going to be okay" she hugged me and i broke down in her arms.