007.

NARRATIVE

third person-

it had now been a few weeks since the polibios arrived from la. it was the day emeline had been waiting for since the beginning of the year.

her birthday.

her parents walked into her room with a cupcake that had a candle.

"..happy birthday to you" they sang as the girl sat up on her bed with a smile on her face.

emeline blew out the candles and looked at her parents.

"thank you" she smiled as she stretched over to give them a hug.

"ora sbrigati e preparati a non far tardi a scuola" (now hurry up and get ready you don't want to be late for school) her mother said as she placed a kiss on her cheek.

it didn't take long for emeline to get ready, after she was done she headed downstairs to see her friends waiting for her.

"happy birthday" they shouted and ran to give her hugs.

"thank you guys" she laughed as they all fought their way out.

"now let's go before we are actually late" they all ran out the door and staggered into the car.

"so how's your lover boy doing?" alejandro asked looking at emeline through the mirror.

"i'm guessing busy because he hasn't called or sent me a text" she sighed as she looked out the window.

once they got to school it was the same routine as everyday.

emeline was more than ready to go home, she hated having her birthdays on school days because it always drained her energy.

"siamo a casa" (we're home) she shouted as she walked through the door.

no response back, she walked to the kitchen counter to find a note that said "your father and i had to go to work and gianluca is at a friends house, mom"

"great just great" she looked at mattia and he was on his phone.

"i'll be right back okay, if you need anything just call me" he ran out the door before emeline could say anything.

she walked up to her room and jumped on her bed. after about an hour of watching netflix and being on her phone she heard noise coming from downstairs.

she got out of bed and looked over the stairs.

"mom?" she shouted getting no response back.

she walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"you scared the shit out of me" she said as she saw kairi looking for food in the pantry.

"what are you doing here"

"mattia told me to come watch you because he's going to take a lot longer than he thought" kairi said as he stuffed his face with chips.

"hmm and what must he be doing that's going to take so long?" emeline tried interrogating kairi but failed as he walked away from her.

"not my place to say"

"come on kai, i'll venmo you $100" she tried to bribe him as rolled his eyes in disagreement.

as he shook his head there was knock on the door. emeline looked at kairi in confusion, she wasn't expecting anyone nor was kai.

"i think you should go get it" kairi looked up and pointed at the door.

"if i die it's going to be your fault" she hopped off the couch and walked towards the door.

she checked the peephole and there was no one. she opened the door slowly to reveal the person standing there.

"what are you doing here?"

authors notes:
a little suspension moment. also let me know if y'all would like a louis patridge story bc he's become my new obsession and i have something in mind.