Chapter 122: You Were Made For This

Jennifer's POV

"We broke the story that democratic nominee Abner's father was caught attending her opponents Duke Trant's rally. I'm sure you want to know why Jimmy is choosing not to support his daughter and I'm sure we all wish we could be a fly on the wall. And today Fox is granting both of those wishes. Please listen closely to the new audio provided directly from Jimmy Abner and his lawyers: 

"You bastard how could you?!"

"Well hello to you too Jennifer. Have you stopped to ask yourself why is it that I didn't show up?"

"I could give a shit about your reasoning. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is for the world to know that you don't support me? Instead you support some egotistical asshole who doesn't know a damn thing about running a country."

"Nasty remarks like that aren't going to do you any good."

"You pathetic fucking excuse of a man. I hope you know you're cut off indefinitely."

"You'd really do a thing like that when I have bills to pay? Me and your mother are barely surviving."

"Well call up your buddy Trant. Oh that's right he doesn't think people should have Medicare, but all you rednecks eat that up."

"I can't believe you're treating your father like this. I've done nothing but provide for you and your siblings."

"I hope you suffer for as long as you live!"

"Jennifer-"

"We're done here. Don't ever contact me again."

"Wow, shocking stuff there. We've never heard Senator Abner like that...Joining us via satellite is Jimmy Abner to discuss this horrific audio. Welcome Mr. Abner, thank you for joining us today."

"Thank you for having me Seth I love your show I watch it all the time."

"Well thank you for that. Sir if you would please walk us through this audio clip."

"Sure Seth, I called my daughter to check in on her and congratulate her about accepting the nomination but she was so mad at me for attending our great President Trant's rally that she exploded."

"Yeah listening to this is just really sad. I mean I feel for you Jimmy. Any respectable person would not talk to their parent this way. I mean she wished you pain and suffering."

"Yes and that's what hurts the most. You try to do best by your kids and they turn around and act this way because of a disagreement."

"So is this normal behavior for you daughter? We only get a glimpse of her in public eye and she's always prim and proper."

"This is normal for her and that is why my lawyers advised I record the call."

"Sure and why did you decide to release it to us today?"

"Because I know my daughter and she's in over her head. President Trant has been the greatest president of my lifetime. My daughter can't even keep her family together."

"Speaking of family we've all been wondering why she didn't take her husband's last name if they are married. Can you clue is in?"

"I don't know Seth, possibly because she didn't think they would last this long. Easier for the paperwork."

"Hahah ok we will end it at that. Thank you Mr. Abner for speaking with us today. Keep your head up sir what you just did is very brave. Godspeed."