Chapter 16: Welcome to the Real World, Jackass

Senator Abner's POV

It's obvious Rachel doesn't like me. We've already established that. And I don't need her to like me, I need her to respect me and just do her fucking job. Thank God my team is so well organized, or else her little stunt could have had major repercussions.

I've tried the professional approach, I've tried the friendly approach, and I've tried the stern approach. Nothing is getting through her thick skull. So i'm over it. No longer will I try to be accommodating to someone so openly ill-mannered and uncivil. She wants to get a reaction out of me, and from now on that's exactly what she's going to get.

I buzz Mia and ask her to bring me a Disciplinary Action Form. Within minutes she's in my office handing me the form with a smile.

"Good decision boss" she says as she quickly leaves the room.

I look the form over. If I give Rachel this it will go on her record, and possibly follow her around when she tries to find other employment. But she needs to be taught a lesson, she can't keep going on this way without any consequences.

I fill out the form, and make my way out my office.

"Senator do you wan't me to give it to her?",  Mia asks with a gleam in her eye. If Rachel hasn't been cooperative with me I can only imagine how she's been with Mia.

"No Mia. It's ok I want to do it myself."

She nods her head and I continue on my way.

When I find Rachel she's sitting rather closely next to Avery. Who is presumably my best new intern. She's mannerable, smart, and a hard worker. I've noticed she's quite shy, which hopefully she overcomes by the completion of this internship.

"Ms.Taff, Ms. Weston", I say to announce myself.

When they turn around I see Rachel's hand on Avery's thigh which she quickly removes.

"Hi Senator. How are you?", Avery says with a smile.

"Hi Avery nice to see you. I'm well and yourself?"

"I'm doing great."

"Good. Rachel I need you to sign this and return it to Mia as soon as possible."

"What is this?", Rachel asks looking at the form.

"It's what we discussed. Welcome to the real world", I say before exiting the room.

Was that harsh to do it in front of her peers, maybe? but it needed to be done. That will hopefully teach her who's in charge.

**********
Rachel's POV

"What a bitch", I say looking over the write up I just received.

"What is that?" Avery questions.

I pass it to her, "She's writing me up".

"Are you really shocked. You've been a bitch to her for no reason. She's the Senator of California and you're a nobody", Nina remarks.

I roll my eyes.

"Rach come with me", says Avery as she leads me outside with the paper still in her hand."This is serious, this is going to go on your record."

"I'm aware Avery."

"Why did you it then? You do realize you could have also got us all in trouble too? We helped stuff those envelopes."

"Av, I would never let anyway take accountability for my actions. Especially you. I would have told her it was all me."

"It shouldn't have come to this. I don't have a fall back job waiting for me. I don't have a mom that I can work for."