Chapter 1

April O'Neil was in her bedroom with a forlorn look on her face. Today was a sad day for her, (even through it happened five years ago and should've gotten over it by now). She took out a box titled, "Me and my Best Friend", from under her bed.

The African-American teenage girl opened it and saw that it still contains old photos of what looks to be a younger version of herself and a boy with black hair and tanned skin.

"I can't believe how long it's been," She sighed, sadly. "I bet he forgot about me by now."

She walked out and head to the living room, carrying the box. Mayhem, her pet cat/dog hybrid, was napping on the couch. She plopped down, waking and slightly scaring him up in the process.

"Oh, sorry little buddy." April put the box down and pet his fur in an effort to calm him down. He purrs and laid on her lap, causing her to chuckle a bit. Mayhem was often the one to always keep her company whenever her parents are not around or when she wasn't with her friends.

And by "friends", they meant four certain mutant turtles. There was also Sunita, the slime yokai she befriended at school, while disguised as a human teenager of course.

"April... hey April!" a familiar voice, along with a tapping sound, was heard outside the window. April turned around to see Mikey knocking on the glass.

She goes over to open the window, seeing the turtles and Sunita. "Hey, what are you guys doing here? You do know at this time my mom and dad would be coming back from work, right?" Ever since they became friends, she kept it from her parents, fearing that they might freak out and forbid her from seeing them again.

"We know, we were just coming back from the Hidden City to buy some cloaking devices for ourselves, and we wanted to make sure you were okay. You've been kinda down lately," Raph explained. "We even convinced Sunita to tag along just to cheer you up."

"Yeah, if there's anything bothering you, you can tell us," the slime yokai added. "We're your friends."

"Thanks, guys... but really, I'm okay," April said, reluctantly.

"Oh, c'mon! It's not like we'll tell anyone," Leo protested. "You can't keep it a secret forever, April."

"As much as I hate to admit it... but Leo is right," Donnie answered, rolling his eyes. The red-eared slider gives his purple-cladded brother an annoyed look.

"We won't leave unless you tell us," Mikey sing-songed. "We brought pizza just for the heck of it." He holds up two boxes of pizza in his hands.

April sighed in defeat and gestured them to come inside. She knew that they would asking and insisting no matter what. But at the same time, she was glad to have friends like them. (Plus, she also can't say "no" to good pizza).

And it was also time to tell them about her first friend.

*I had mentioned that before the final four episodes of "Rise of TMNT", I had my own thoughts and opinions about Casey Jones and Karai on Tumblr; which were Casey being April's childhood friend and Karai still being a high-ranked ninja.*

*Rise of TMNT and their characters belong to Nickelodeon.*