Chapter 3

"Okay, skipping some of the boring parts and getting to when I met Casey for the first time," April continues, the four turtle brothers and Sunita leaned in a little closer. They were already intrigued by their friend's backstory.

"So, Recess rolled around..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The children of Little Apple Preschool raced outside to the playground. Little April watched as her classmates climbed onto swings and slides, as if they were having the time of their lives.

"Hey weirdo!" She turned around to see a bunch of other kids coming up to her. The tallest one, whom she presumed as their leader, is a Caucasian with light blond hair, black eyes, and freckles that go across his nose. He is wearing a red sweatshirt with a fire-breathing Kaiju design on the front, jeans, and red sneakers that match his sweatshirt.

"Can I help you...?" April backed away slightly, already sensing that this boy is trouble.

"Yeah! A lot of us saw how you were kissing up to the teacher and agreed that we should do something about it," He sneered, menacingly. Apparently, they saw how Mrs. Jones was praising the girl for her accomplishments on her first day. They were aggravated by the sight and decided to do something about it.

"Look, I don't want any trouble, but-- HEY!" Two kids grabbed her arms and restrained. "Let me go!" She shouts, struggling to escape their grasps.

"THIS is what we do to teacher's pets in New York," Their leader brings up his fist, about to punch her. April gasps and braced herself for the upcoming blow.

"Hey, leave her alone!" The bullies turned around to see a Latin-American boy glaring straight at them with his black eyes. He has shaggy dark hair, tanned skin, and thick eyebrows. His outfit is a green T-shirt with a skull and crossbones design, jeans, and orange sneakers. A matching orange baseball cap is on his head.

"Stay out of it, Jonesy! This doesn't involve you!"

"It is if you're being mean to other kids," He grabs a stray hockey stick that was laying on the ground next to a baseball bat. "So let go of her."

"What makes you think we will?" The next thing they know, the orange-capped boy hit the leader on one of his legs with the stick. April sees this as a opportunity to fight back. She elbows the two kids who were holding her in the stomachs, letting go of her arms.

She then grabs the baseball bat and starts helping her rescuer fight off the bullies, swinging their "weapons" at them. However, it wasn't long after they finally had enough.

"AAAAHHH, you haven't seen the last of us!" The leader shouted as he and his cronies ran away from the two.

"Are you okay?" The boy asks, turning his head to face April. She nods her head, her two pigtails slightly bouncing up and down.

"Yeah--- wait, why did one of them call you, "Jonesy", before?" She raises an eyebrow as he gives an embarrassed look on his face.

"It's because of my last name. My real name's Casey," He introduce himself. "They like to called me that just to be mean." An annoyed look hits his face as he scrunched up his nose.

"I'm April O'Neil... and thank you for standing up for me," She smiles gratefully at him.

"No problem," He squeaked, returning the smile shyly.

"Casey!" The children turn around to see Mrs. Jones running up to them with a worried expression on her face. "What happened? Are the both of you hurt?"

"We're okay, Mom," Casey assured. April blinked in shock upon hearing what he had said. "Mom?!"

"Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you that my mom is our teacher," He added, sheepishly.

After telling Mrs. Jones what had happened, she reprimanded the bullies for their actions by having them clean up the classroom after school.

Soon the day came to an end as Mrs. O'Neil arrived to picked up April. "How was your day, sweetheart?" She asked as they drove home.

"It was great!" The young girl excitedly told her mother about her little misadventure during her first day at Preschool.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"He protected you from bullies?" Donnie asks in disbelief.

"Yep, that's how we met," April smiles, fondly.

"Okay, can you tell us the sad part, while also explaining your friendship with him?" Leo asked, becoming slightly bored.

"LEO!" His brothers scolded him.

"What? You know we have to ask eventually!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*I'm going to end this chapter right here before it gets too long. Anyway, I hope you all enjoyed Chapter 3!

*I will also reveal the name of April and Casey's bully in Chapter 4 as well.*

*Rise of TMNT and their characters belong to Nickelodeon. Mrs. Jones belongs to me.*