Chapter 5

The next day, students are entering West Side High School. They were excited that it was finally Friday and were already making plans for their weekend.

"Hey April, what do you wanna do this weekend?" Sunita asked as they're walking to class. The slime yokai was in her human disguise thanks to her cloaking brooch.

"I don't know, Sunita," Her friend sighed, wearily. "Believe it or not, I still think about Casey, even though it's been years. But I doubt that he even remembers me at all right now.

"Don't beat yourself up," The yokai placed a hand on her shoulder. "Friends don't forget about each other. No matter how far away they live."

April's eyes widen, but then she gave a smile. She knew that she could count on her friends to cheer her up.

"Thanks for cheering me up, girl."

"Anytime."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, the boy who moved into the apartment next to April's the other day walked straight to the main office. He is holding a couple of papers in his hand.

"Hello, today is my first day here at West Side and I'm looking for the principal," He explains to the secretary. She looks up from her laptop.

"He's in Office 34," She says, pointing to the room behind her.

"Thank you."

The teenager walks into the room to start his first day.

——————————————————————————

Soon, lunchtime rolled around and students were already talking about what to do after school while eating. April and Sunita were sitting together at an empty table doing the same thing.

"So I was thinking that we should go to the movies. There's one about how this girl become this iconic and infamous fashion designer. Maybe the turtles could come too since they've got cloaking brooches of their own now," Sunita suggested.

"Yeah maybe," April chuckles a bit. The thought of seeing what they would look like as humans has been something she never really wondered about until now.

Suddenly a loud crash was heard throughout the entire cafeteria, causing everyone to jump in their seats. The two girls turn around to see a student they had never seen before standing in front of Taylor Martin, whose clothes are covered in what appears to be mystery meat.

"Oh, sorry about that... I didn't see you there," The boy winces at Taylor's mortified face as he picks up his tray.

"You should be! These were from the Paris fall collection and you ruined them!!" The blonde-haired girl scowls at him. He looks at her in confusion and slight annoyance.

"What's the big deal? They're just stupid clothes. You can change and clean them when you get home."

Everyone gasps in horror at his remark. Taylor's face turned red with anger. How dare he spilled his lunch on her new clothes and insulted her at the same time!

"I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT MY FATHER IS THE DIRECTOR OF THE SCHOOL BOARD! IF SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENS TO ME AGAIN, HE WON'T HESITATE TO HAVE YOU GET KICK OUT IN A SNAP!!!!" She screeched at the top of her lungs, causing the other students to cover their ears in agony at her loud voice.

And with that, she stormed off in a huff. People starts to whisper to each other as they glance at the new kid with worry. Not one person has ever spoken to Taylor Martin like that before and things could get ugly if he continues to get on her bad side.

"Wow... new guy's got game," Sunita says, slowly as she and April blinked at what just happened. "Something tells me that he needs to watch his mouth if he wants to stay."

"You said it, Googly-girl..."

*Hi, sorry that I took so long to post the new chapter of "Old and New Friends". I was busy with classes throughout the year and had a bit of a writer's block. Anyway, thank you all for being so patient. I hope you all enjoy reading chapter 5!