Chapter 4

"Ignoring what Leo just said," April narrowed her eyes at the Red-eared Slider, who smiled sheepishly and apologetically. "I will continue."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever since that fateful day, young Casey and April became fast friends. During their time in Preschool, they find out that they actually live a few blocks down from each other. The two even found out that they share the same interests, such as Lou Jitsu and Jupiter Jim movies and sports.

"I can't tell who is cooler: Jupiter Jim or Lou Jitsu?" Casey questioned one day. They were having trouble about which franchise they should choose.

"I think they're both cool," April stated. "Besides, does it really matter which is better?"

The Latin-American boy hums and rubs his chin in thought. After a while, he finally answered, "Yeah, I guess you're right."

When Preschool ended, they spend most of their summer at either April or Casey's apartment. They were overjoyed when they found out that they were going to attend the same elementary school together and in the same homeroom as well.

"This is awesome!" The two kids laughed, happily. However, their first year of school had its ups and downs. For starters, Vernon "Vern" Fenwick, the same bully from Pre-k, is also in the same class as them, along with his friends. Although, April and Casey still managed to stand up to them whenever they try to do anything.

"Look, it's Four-Eyes O'Neil!" Vern shouted, pointing at April. The children were now in third grade with the bullies laughing at her. She had gotten glasses a few days after an appointment with her eye doctor. They were red-colored with yellow lenses like the ones she wear in the present: the only difference is that they were squared at the time.

"Hey, I think they look cool!" Casey protested in her defense. They have always had each other's backs that some of their peers actually found it amazing.

The two best friends are now 11 years-old and have just graduated from elementary school. They had plans to go over before they become sixth graders in East Wing Middle School. But... it was also the time when...

April burst into her apartment with tears in her eyes and ran straight to her bedroom. Her parents glanced at each other with worried expressions before walking over to check up on her. They opened the door to find the girl sobbing onto her pillow, her glasses resting on her head.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?" Mrs. O'Neil stroked her curly locks in order to calm her down.

"I-It's Casey!" She said between tears. "H--H--He told me that he and his family are m-moving!!" Her parents then exchange guilty looks before looking back at their daughter.

"Honey... we were going to tell you this later, but... it seems that he wanted to tell you instead." Mr. O'Neil explained.

"What?" She asked in confusion. They informed her that Mr. Jones was required to transfer to California in August because of his job. Therefore, it means that they have to leave New York behind. AND that the Jones' were leaving two weeks before the new school year. The next day, Casey and April decided to have as much fun as possible until then. But before they know it...

It was the day of the big move, The O'Neils were saying goodbye to the Jones family. "It's not going to be the same without you, Casey," April says, trying not to cry. She gives him a Lou Jitsu action figure as a going away present.

"Thanks April... and you're the greatest friend I've ever had," The two hug with tears threatening to leave their eyes. They let go as Casey goes into the car and his father drives away along with the moving vans. April just watched until they were completely out of sight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And that's the story." Sobs escaped from the mutants, surprising the bespectacled African-American teenager.

"That was the saddest story ever!" Sunita bawled out as she blows her nose. Even Donnie was touched by this heartwarming story.

"Well, it was a long time ago," April looks down, sadly. Her phone buzzes and she looks at the screen and sighs. "My parents are almost home. Time for you guys to jet."

After bidding their farewells, her friends leave through the front door of her apartment. She went back to her room with a tired look on her face, Mayhem following behind her.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, a car and a couple of moving vans are approaching the apartment building that is next doors to April's.

A Latin-American teenage boy came out of the car. He is wearing a orange beanie that is covering most of his shaggy hair and he has a slit on his right eyebrow. His outfit is a bright green long-sleeved shirt with the upper half having a lighter green hue. The jacket he has on matches his shirt with a red collar, pockets, and a skull breathing fire. He is wearing navy blue jeans and black and white sneakers on his feet. Finally, he has black fingerless gloves over his hands.

"Well... after five years, we're finally back," He sighs with a small grin.

*I added Vernon Fenwick and portrayed him in my own twist. In the fanfic, he was Casey and April's childhood bully.*

*Rise of TMNT and their characters belong to Nickelodeon. Casey's design for the fanfic belongs to Chrompoised on Tumblr, who is a talented artist and was kind to allow me to borrow her design.*