Chapter 2

Sunita and the turtles stepped inside the living room and sat themselves on either the floor or couch. Raph opened the pizza boxes to reveal the steaming hot deliciousness inside. The six teenagers eagerly grabbed a slice and gobbled it up hungrily.

"Okay April, you need to tell us why you've been so down," Mikey points a finger at her. "Because you can't keep it a secret forever."

"That's exactly what Raph and I said earlier," Leo said, slightly aggravated that his younger brother would repeat something they already mentioned.

April picked up the box from the couch and held it out for them to see. "'Me and My Best Friend'," Donnie reads the box out loud. "Hey, I thought WE were your best friends," Mikey pouts, childishly.

"You are, but this is way before I met any of you guys," She takes off the lid to reveal the old photos. The mutants murmured in awe as they took and observed them.

"Who's this boy with you?" asked Sunita, as they already figured out that the little girl was none other than their friend.

"He was my first friend," April smiled, sadly and fondly as she looked at one of the images. "We met in Pre-K."

"What's his name?" They all have sympathetic looks on their faces.

"Casey... Casey Jones."

"No way, that name is so cool!" Leo's eyes shine in awe.

April couldn't help but chuckle. "Okay, here we go..." She takes a deep breath as her friends encouraged her to take her time. Mayhem laid down next to her.

"It was the first day of Preschool..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Many Years Ago

A 4 year-old April was standing nervously in front of the entrance of Little Apple Preschool. She has her curly brunette hair styled in two low pigtails with yellow barrettes clipped to the right side to her bangs. She is wearing a short-sleeved yellow sundress with a floral pattern to match her hair clips, along with a bright green jacket to cover herself with. She also has blue Mary Jane shoes and white socks on her feet, with a butterfly-patterned lunchbox in her left hand.

"You need to go inside, April," a gentle voice gestured. It belonged to a African-American woman with short curly brown hair and dark blue earrings. She is wearing a orange blouse and light blue knee-length skirt as her attire, along with grey flats as shoes.

"But I don't know anyone there... and what if the kids are mean?" Little April slightly whimpered, turning around to hug her mother tightly.

"Sweetie, that is the point of going to school," Mrs. O'Neil explained in a soothing tone. "We get to meet new people and make friends. And if there's anyone picking on you, you can tell the teacher or me."

"Okay, Mommy," Her daughter sniffed and let go. They both went inside the building to see the room decorated with posters and pictures of children and cute-looking insects. There were also tables and chairs with school supplies, such as crayons and pencils.

"Hello, Carol," A voice spoke up. The mother-and-daughter duo turned to see a Latin-American woman walking towards them. She was around Mrs. O'Neil's (or Carol's) age with a tanned skin complexion and straight light-brown hair that is tied up in a bun. Her outfit is a peach-colored dress with white stripe patterns. She is also wearing brown sandals on her feet and a black headband.

"Hello, Maria," Mrs. O'Neil greeted, warmly. The two adults shook hands with each other. "Oh, is this April?" the Latin woman slightly kneeled down to the little girl and smiled. "You look so pretty in that dress."

April gave a small smile, waving shyly. "This is Mrs. Jones," her mother introduced. "She's a old friend of mine and she's going to be your teacher during your time here, okay?"

"Okay..."

"Be a good girl for her," Mrs. O'Neil instructed. "I'll pick you up later."

"Yes, Mommy," April hugged her mother and watched her exist the building.

"I'm happy that you'll be joining us, April." Mrs. Jones grinned as she began to stack some construction paper. "You know, I have a son around the same age as you in class as well. Maybe, you'll meet him here."

"Thank you, Mrs. Jones," The young girl chirped, already feeling a twinge of excitement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hold it, hold it," Leo holds up a hand in confusion. " 'Mrs. Jones'? Are you saying that---"

"Yep," April nods her head. "His mom was our pre-k teacher back in the day."

"So... how did you meet Casey?" He raises an eyebrow.

"I'm getting to that part..."

*I've decided to end this chapter right here, because it was getting a little too long already and I don't want to write the entire backstory on one post. Plus, I thought it would be fun that Casey's mother in this version would be their pre-k teacher.*

*Casey was only mentioned in Chapter 2 just like the previous one.*

*Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading the fanfic so far. Also, Rise of TMNT and their characters belong to Nickelodeon. This fanfic's version of Casey's mom belongs to me.*