interview (kai havertz)

You were a late-night interviewer for TV. It was a job you loved, and you were lucky to have many guests come on your show to chat with you. Tonight, you were going to host none other than your own boyfriend- Kai Havertz. He was new to Chelsea and to England, and his agent thought it would be an excellent idea for him to come onto the show so he could share about himself and connect with the fans.

"Hello, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome back to our show. I am your host Y/N. We have a wonderful line-up planned for you, so please stay with us. Our first guest tonight is new to England and to the Premier League. After making his mark in the Bundesliga playing for Bayer Leverkusen, this person was a record signing for Chelsea Football Club. Please give a warm welcome to Kai Havertz," you introduced Kai as the audience clapped their hands.

Kai came out and walked towards you. You kissed each other on the cheeks. "This is weird," he whispered into your ears.

"Just pretend we're strangers," you laughed as you looked into the crowd. The both of you went to take a seat.

"So, Kai, how are you finding things in the Premier League?" you asked, trying not to giggle or mess up.

"Pretty good," he answered, trying to look at the crowd more than you. "Of course, it's different from the Bundesliga. It's pacey, you don't have much time on the ball, and there are different tactics each club plays with. But I am training. We have an amazing squad and of course, Frank Lampard as our gaffer."

"That's great, I am glad you have people helping you adjust. Is having Timo Werner, your German national teammate, helping you too?" you questioned.

"Yes, definitely. I think having Timo around helped me adjust better. There are also many young boys in the squad- Tammy, Callum, Mason, Chilly, Fikayo, Reece- it's great. We can all have fun together and push each other to be our best."

"Wonderful to hear. I am sure you are a great addition to a bright and talented squad at Chelsea," you commented. "Tell me how you've been adjusting to England."

"It was hard, I will be honest. I am away from family. I grew up with Bayer Leverkusen, so leaving them was hard, but I pushed for a challenge. I do have a dog and my amazing girlfriend. That gives some sense of home," Kai smiled and looked at you.

You refrained from aww-ing right then, but it was very hard to conceal your smile. You decided you'd tease him a bit. "Your girlfriend, huh? Has she been supportive throughout the process?"

"Yes, of course, she has. I think she too, loves to encourage me to go on new adventures and step out of my comfort zone. And coming to this league is just that. I'm thankful to have her by my side," he praised you.

"Aww, you both seem like a sweet couple," you laughed. "Wishing all the best to you as you find success with a new club. Thank you for sitting with us this evening, Kai. A pleasure to see you. Ladies and gentlemen, we still have a great line-up ahead, so hope you will join us shortly after the break."

Once the cameras turned off, and the audience dispersed to take breaks, you and Kai went backstage. "So?" he said.

"So?" you looked at him puzzled.

"How'd I do?" he asked.

"Wonderful. Thanks for praising me," you laughed as you kissed Kai on his cheek.

"By the way, is it just me or do you look hotter than usual tonight?" he gave you a sly smile. He inched closer to you and looked into your eyes. You felt your cheeks heat up at his comment. He leaned in and placed a soft kiss on your lips. You gladly kissed him back.

"You looked handsome as always," you giggled. "I wanted to kiss you right then and there."

Kai cupped his hands around your face. "I'll be waiting here until you finish the show. Good luck with the rest of it. I know they're probably looking for you right now."

You nodded your head. "Yeah, I think they are too. I hate leaving you alone, but I'll see you soon, baby. Bye," you said as you stole a quick kiss again.

"Bye, love," he said as you went on to find the crew. 

note: thank you so much for reading! if you have a specific player you'd love me to write about, please let me know