anniversary gift (ben chilwell)

"Hi, I would like to make a reservation please," you said through the phone to the restaurant manager on the other side. It was your anniversary with Ben, and you wanted to surprise him with a fancy dinner. You nodded your head and clarified exactly how you wanted everything, privacy being of utmost importance. The manager said it would all be arranged. You thanked him and hung up.

Then, you looked around for some thick recycled paper. You cut them up into pieces. Taking a few colored markers, you wrote down favorite memories of you and your boyfriend and put them in a cute box. You always went all out with birthdays and any special days really- it was the one chance to really tell people you loved how much they meant to you. You then decided you would write Ben a letter thanking him for coming into your life. The day you met, the moment you knew you fell for him, whenever you messed up with chestnut hair, and all the times he would embrace you into a warm hug.

While writing, your phone buzzed up. You got a lot of notifications on the usual, but all of these alluded to one post. Opening Instagram, you saw what was causing all the ruckus- Ben had posted several sweet pictures of you and him and wrote a short but thoughtful message. You quickly commented with a heart and a kiss.

After that, you worked on your little projects until you were satisfied. Then, you hid them all and waited for Ben to get home. He arrived all hot, sweaty, and exhausted after training but clearly in a good mood.

"Did you win?" you laughed.

"Yeah, Tam, me, Azpi, Kepa, and Kova were in a team. We won barely, but it's always fun when we do that during training," Ben said, panting. He plopped down on the couch next to you to breathe a little. "I'll take a shower, I promise."

You giggled. "You better. I'm not letting you come any nearer to me until you do."

"Can't have that going on. I'll be on my way," he got right back up and walked to the bedroom.

A little while later, Ben came out with wet hair, a black t-shirt, and grey joggers. He smelled like fresh mint. He looked too handsome for his own good sometimes.

"Well, hello there, Mr. Chilwell," you scrunched your nose and looked at him. Ben walked towards you, bent down, and leaned on the couch with both his arms, pinning you in the middle. He leaned in to meet your lips.

"Hello, baby. I missed you."

"Aww," you pouted. "I didn't miss you at all," you giggled. "I saw your post."

Ben removed his arms from either side of you, stood up again, only to take a seat right next to you. He put his arm around you, and you melt into his side.

"Did you like it?"

"I loved it," you nodded. "Thank you."

"Do you want to open your gift now?" Ben asked.

You looked up at him. "Actually, how about we both hold onto our gifts and open them wherever I take you?"

"You're taking me somewhere?" Ben's eyebrows raised up. "Where?"

"Somewhere," you laughed and got up from the couch. "Wear something fancy."

You went to get ready. Ben went into the other bedroom to get himself ready as well. You opted for a dark red, off-the-shoulder dress. You decided to let your hair down and straighten it. After that, you put on makeup and perfume, chose a pair of heels, and came out. Ben came out nearly at the same time, wearing a tux. When he saw you, you spotted him unable to take his eyes off you.

"Woah, you look absolutely stunning," he shook his head to click out of it. You let out a little laugh and grinned.

"You look handsome as usual, whether you wear a tux or a tshirt," you grinned. "You have your gifts?"

Ben nodded. "Yup," he said.

You both headed to the car with your gifts, all wrapped up. You couldn't guess what Ben got you, and you weren't sure if he knew all the things you got him.

You drove to the restaurant. Ben got out first, so he could open the door for you, and the both of you went inside. He was such a gentleman. The manager was there, waiting and escorted you both to an open but quiet place of the restaurant. You both sat down, talked, and ordered your food.

"Fancy dinner, huh?" Ben smiled.

"It was about time," you shrugged. "Special days always call for special food."

"How did I ever get so lucky," Ben looked at you with loving eyes. He really was so in love.

"I could say the exact same thing," you replied.

The food arrived, and you both enjoyed the delectable dishes you ordered. After that, you reminded him of the gifts. He reached down and put down a rectangular object with big, sparkly red wrapping paper on it. You slowly started unwrapping the paper and saw there was a beautiful teal jewelry box waiting for you.

"Open it," Ben said.

You did. Inside were polaroids of you with dates written of different memories you made. There was a beautiful bracelet with charms that may seem odd to the normal person, but it made perfect sense to Ben and you because of what they stood for. There were a pair of beautiful sapphire earrings, and a few packets of your favorite candy.

You felt your eyes well up a little. "Ben," was all you could say. Ben grabbed your hand and held it tightly.

"You don't need to say anything. Oh, and I also have this," he said, giving you an envelope with his other hand. You received it, began to tear at it, and read the long, heartfelt message inside. You couldn't control your happy tears. He was an angel, and you really didn't know what you did to get someone like him.

You wiped your tears, and reached down to hand him a big paper bag. Ben immediately dug through the crepe paper to pull out the box of memories you made, the letter, and a new mahogany chess set. As he was reading the letter, you could see Ben starting to tear up a little. He got up, sat next to you, and pulled you into those hugs you wouldn't trade anything in the world for.

"Thank you sweetheart. Cheers to this year and here's to many, many more," he smiled and kissed your cheek. You nodded and leaned on his chest while he tightly wrapped his arm around you.

note: im so sorry ive been away and I know there are requests to do. I'll get to them :) thank you for being patient and reading. love you!!