now you know I do (mason mount)

You looked up and handed the towel as your best friend panted and accepted the piece of cloth. He rubbed his face with it, then plopped on the bench right next to you.

You always loved coming to Cobham and see the boys train. Being the manager's daughter certainly had its privileges, one being visiting your father or dropping something off but then just staying the entire time.

"So, how'd that go?" you asked Mason.

"Pretty well," he answered, looking at the rest of his team in a distance. "I feel confident about this match."

"Oh really?" your eyebrows perked up.

"Yeah, just because you're supporting Man United for this doesn't mean you're going to win. There's still time to come on our side," Mason said.

Sure you were grew up in London, were friends with Mason and a few other members of the squad, and your father managed Chelsea, but your heart would always be with Manchester United. You remembered the first time you went to the stadium and saw a young Cristiano Ronaldo and Rooney play. It captured your heart, and you claimed Old Trafford as your second home.

"Well, gotta go at it again or your father's going to fry me into crisps," Mason said as he got up. "See ya soon."

With that, he sprinted back to training, leaving you alone again. You debated whether you'd leave or stay. You decided you should just go home.

A few hours after arriving home, you received a text from Mason. Usually the night before a big match, he'd stay home and go to bed early, but tonight, he texted you to come to a cafe.

You drove to the location. It was a quiet, cute place with lightbulbs strung up above you, and white tables and chairs around you with a few pink daisies in glass cylinders as centerpieces. Your eyes searched for Mason and found him sitting on one of the tables, scrolling through his phone.

You walked up to him and said, "Hey, Mase, what's up?" He looked up at you and smiled. You never really noticed how handsome he was, but sometimes glimpses of that thought crossed your mind. He was the human definition of a golden retriever- always happy, sort of chaotic, just a warm day of sunshine.

"Please, sit," Mason cued you to sit. You sat, put your elbows on the table, and cupped your face with your palms.

"Should I tell on you, Mr. Mount?" you giggled. "You do realize you have a game tomorrow."

Mason rolled his eyes. "Evening kickoff, I'll be fine," he answered. "Hey, listen, I needed some help."

"Yes?" you said, unsure of where this conversation was going.

"It's about a girl," Mason answered.

"Oh," you replied, removing your elbows from the table and resting them on your lap as you sat up. Something about what he just said stung, but you didn't know why. "Yeah, sure, I'm here," you added.

"Okay, so I sort of like her and am afraid to tell her," Mason scratched the back of his head. "I don't know, should I?"

"You're Mason Mount- I'm sure the girl would have a heart attack if she knew you liked her back," you laughed. "Come on, you have absolutely nothing to lose."

Mason shook his head. "But that's it- I do have something to lose. She and I know each other, so what if she doesn't like me back and we just never talk again?" There was a concerned look on his face, and his smile dimmed down.

"Well, then it's her loss because you're great," you smiled. Honestly, any girl that would turn down someone like Mason would regret it sooner or later. The boy was probably the sweetest thing that walked the streets of London.

"Now, show me her picture," you looked down at your best friend's phone. "Gotta see who's stolen your heart."

Mason tapped the screen of his phone as if it were a piano. "I don't know..." he said, unsure of himself.

"Oh come on. I promise I'll be nice. Anyone you like surely has something special about her," you tried coaxing him. You felt your heart grow a little heavy; the news of Mason liking someone hit you like a bus. You didn't expect it, but you logically thought about it. He was a young footballer playing for one of the biggest clubs in the world. He's been to so many places. Of course he met someone.

Mason sighed, took a deep breath, then started scrolling through his phone. You eagerly waited for him to show you a picture of the girl. He closed his eyes then handed you his phone. You were expecting some long-legged, bronzed goddess but instead, it was a blurry picture of Mason whispering something into your ear as you both laughed at some party.

You looked up at him, confused. "Mase, you handed me the wrong picture," you said.

Mason cleared his voice then looked at you. "Actually I didn't. That's the girl."

You gasped inaudibly and looked at your best friend wide-eyed. "No," you said in disbelief.

"But I mean it. Look, I know I'm risking us breaking our friendship but you- you're just so amazing, sweet, supportive, funny. Every moment I spend with you is nothing short of a blast, and your kind heart is so visible. Who wouldn't want you?" Mason said. "So, do you want to take our friendship to maybe something more? I promise everything would stay the same- I'll get you chocolate and mint ice cream on Fridays, fight with you over matches every weekend, have you slap my head when I do something stupid."

You laughed and nodded. "Of course," you smiled. "I never thought you'd feel that way about me, that's all."

"Well, now you know I do," Mason said as he caressed your cheek. 

note: thank you so much for reading! the last few stories were about premier league players, but if there's anyone else you'd like me to do a story on, please let me know :)