Chapter 1

For most people, when they think of silence, they think of peace.

It's almost like a reflex in one's brain, wherever you perceive silence you'll also endure tranquility. Us humans avoid commotion and noise, because we automatically think there's danger. It's like sirens, wherever you hear the loud, noisy sirens going off your thoughts immediately drift towards negativity. However, if there's silence, then everything must be alright.

What most people don't realize, is that silence can be deceiving. Noiseless surroundings don't always equal peace. Where there are sirens, where there's commotion, there are survivors. Where there's silence...there's no hope.

You see, right now, I would've fallen into the misleading of silence. I would've let myself associate the lack of noise surrounding me for peace. I would've believed I'm somewhere safe, surrounded by tranquility and peacefulness. I would've completely forgotten I'm actually surrounded by quite the opposite. All this were, if the loud ringing in my ears wouldn't have snapped me out of my trance.

It took a while for me to realize where I am, or what I'm doing here. My thoughts are foggy, my head is pounding, and it feels as if someone just punched me straight in the chest. The air can barely make it's way down to my lungs as I take slow and steady breaths. The more I try to figure out where the hell I am, the harder it becomes to think. The high pitched ringing got louder and louder, rattling the inside of my brain, almost as if someone was blowing a whistle right next to my ear.

God, that's so annoying. What the hell even is that? Where is it coming from?

"Hermione?! Where are you?!"

"Isabelle?!"

"Are you okay?"

"Get up, come on!"

"Where is she?!"

Different voices echoed all around me, but it was too hard to tell if they were coming from inside my head or not. I must be dreaming, yet I know whenever I use that excuse it always turns out to be the opposite. But if it's not a dream...then where the hell am I?

Letting out a painful groan, I slowly moved my hand, intending to bring it up to my pounding head. Throughout the stinging pain on my wrist, the texture of the ground below caught my attention. It feels...rocky...dusty. Definitely not the soft covers of my bed.

What the hell?

A sudden loud bang startled me, shaking me out of my quiet and slow trance at once. My eyes flew open as I took in a sharp breath. Instead of fresh outdoor air, dust tickled down my throat, causing me to let out a loud cough.

"There she is!"

"Harry! Harry! You need to go get Dumbledore! Now!"

"The-they're gone! Both of them"

Voices yelled all around me, making me flinch in pain. My eyes scanned my surroundings in confusion, trying to figure out where I am, but failed miserably. It's dark, and...foggy? No, that doesn't look like fog...it looks more like dust...

"Move, Weasley!" Another voice growled, as I heard footsteps rush towards me. I slowly shifted my head to the side, feeling the small rocks scraping against my hair as it moved. Throughout the cloud of dust, I could make out a light shining brightly, making me squint me eyes as it moved closer and closer...

"Isabelle! God, you're okay!" A familiar voice said from behind the bright light. Hermione's relieved face came into view, followed by a couple of other shadows hovering over me as she kneeled on my side.

I stared at her in confusion, she looks completely messed up. Her hair is covered in dust, along with the rest of her body, and her knee is bleeding. What the hell happened to her?