Chapter 17

READ THE AUTHORS NOTE AT THE BOTTOM, PLEASE! :)

Sometimes, my thoughts wonder about how my life would be like if I attended Ilvermorny instead of Hogwarts. How different it must be, Ilvermorny. It's probably more peaceful, more educational, quieter...

Don't get me wrong, I love being at Hogwarts. I've made memories here that I'll hold dearly forever. But, I can't help but daydream at times about how I'd probably be able to get at least seven hours of sleep over there without having these three nut jobs interrupt me.

"-you should be the one to wake her, you're her roommate after all" The sound of Harry's hushed voice whispered from inside the walls of my dormitory.

Maybe Ilvermorny students have more compassion towards their roommates, and actually make an effort not to disrupt their sleep while in the dorm with them. Man...maybe I'll transfer over there.

"And? You're the one who saw everything. It should be you who wakes her up and tells her" Hermione quietly, though quite aggressively, argued back.

I took in a deep breath, not moving a single muscle as I laid soundlessly beneath the covers of my bed. Truth is, I've been hearing them bicker for the last ten minutes, but I know if I reveal that I'm awake they'll continue nagging. Maybe if I stay still they'll leave me alone.

"Oh for Merlin's sake! One of you just go over there and shake her" Ron budged in, not even bothering to whisper at this point.

"You do it then. You're her favorite out of the three of us, she'll get the least upset if it's you interrupting her sleep" Hermione ordered sharply, making Ron let out a snort.

That's it, I'm sending Ilvermony my application first thing today.

"You must be joking. If I'm the first thing she sees when she opens her eyes I'm good as dead! She'll have the least mercy on me-"

Oh who am I kidding, they're not going to leave anytime soon. They're like head lice on a person with curly hair, just something you can't shake off.

"You've got that right" I said from my bed, finally accepting the fact I'm wide awake. My three friends jumped at the sound of my voice, taking a frightened step back as I sat upright.

"Isabelle!" Hermione shrieked, her hand smacking against her heart. I groaned in response, rubbing my heavy eyes to shield them from the bright morning light. Except, I quickly realized there was no sun to shield them from. That's odd, maybe it's cloudy outside?

I slowly squinted my eyelids open, quite confused at the lack of sun rays penetrating the windows. I scanned my surroundings, quickly fixing my own confusion. Only the moonlight illuminated my dark dorm room, along with the lit-up candle sitting by Hermione's bed.

It's still nighttime.

I furrowed my eyebrows, my eyesight slowly focusing on my three worried-looking friends standing behind the edge of my bed, their hair disheveled and their sleeping robes wrinkled. They all pressed against each other, as in waiting for the monster within me to burst out at any moment and attack. Yet all I managed to let out, between my annoyingness and tiredness, was a loud astonished breath.

"Could I for once have at least eight hours of proper sleep without one of you three making it impossible?!" I complained through my groggy voice, looking around the room with a frown before adding "It's still nighttime!".

Harry, Ron, and Hermione exchanged a worried glance, almost as if silently arguing about who shall speak first. The staring contest went on for quite a while, before the loser was finally declared. Hermione let out a breath in defeat, shifting her glance towards me before finally speaking.