Chapter 11 | Part four

"Why is it that you're fine without me while I'm fucking miserable without you?!" 

His words couldn't have left me more speechless, as I felt the familiar fluttering feeling flood my entire stomach. I stayed silent with shock, my eyes wide as my brain tried to process Draco's sudden confession.

"Why?!" Draco shouted at my silence, his eyes pleading for a response as they beamed with desperation. I truly couldn't believe the sight developing before me. Did I hear him right?

"W-what?" I asked, stunned by the words that just left Draco's mouth. I must've heard wrong, it's just not possible. He did not just say that he, Draco Malfoy, the Slytherin heart throb who's been perfectly fine ever since we parted ways, is miserable without me.

That's the biggest load of bullshit I've ever heard.

"You heard me! Why are you happy?! It isn't supposed to be that way!" He shouted, even though I'm standing just five feet away from him.

I blinked, completely stunned by the raging boy screaming at me. It wasn't until a few seconds later that I finally managed to let out a scoff. No, this isn't happening.

"What? You're upset because I'm happy? That's what this is about?!" I asked, feeling a pressure build up against my chest as I spoke. He can't be serious, he just can't be. It's the alcohol talking for him, surely.

He huffed in frustration, running his fingers through his hair while his eyes gazed up at the ceiling, almost as if glaring at the gods for not granting me the ability to understand his bipolar manner.

"No it's...well you know what?! Yes! I am upset you're happy! I fucking hate it! It just shows how I never meant a fuck to you!" He shouted again, his eyebrows narrowed in anger as he pointed his finger at me. My eyes went wide in an instant.

What the fuck?

"You did not just-" I breathed out, completely speechless. How can he say that?! After everything that's happened?! After he watched me cry over him, and even miss days worth of class because of what he did to me, he has the audacity to say I never gave a fuck about him?!

"Did not just what?! Say the bloody truth?" The vein on his neck threatened to pop out.

"Draco, what are you even talking about?! You haven't-" I stuttered, quite awe struck by the accusations coming out of Draco's mouth. I took a deep breath, trying to comprehend the complicated boy standing in front of me. But of course, I shouldn't even waste my time, because it's scientifically impossible.

"You're the one who's fine, clearly!" I managed to get out, motioning my hand towards his drunken state.

"Me?! I'm not the one dancing it up with girls all over the place!" He stumbled against his own feet, the whisky bottle swaying violently.

"I was only dancing with Felix, he's just a friend and-" I caught myself quite quickly. Wait a minute, why am I explaining the reason behind me dancing with another boy? He isn't my boyfriend to be scolding me for such a thing that isn't his business anymore.

"What do you care who I dance with, anyways?! I'm just a 'friend' to you" I reminded him of his very own words, the excessive amount of yelling mixed making my throat hurt.

He let out a cold chuckle, shaking his head in disbelief. "You agreed to be friends with me!" He said, pointing the bottle of booze at me in a rather accusing manner.

My eyes went wide. Is he being serious?!

"Because you proposed it!" I scoffed, pointing my hand at his chest. God, how can he be so bloody ignorant?!