Chapter 5

"This shirt doesn't make me look plump...does it?" Hermione asked worriedly, scanning herself up and down through her full body mirror.

"Nope" I drily answered from my bed, not even bothering to look her way as I stared at the ceiling. It's not that I'm ignoring her, I've just got quite a few things on my mind other than wether Hermione looks 'plump' with her new shirt or not.

"You sure?" She asked insecurely, turning slightly to the side to get a better view of her stomach as she spoke. I tried not to roll my eyes, keeping them fixed on the ceiling.

"Yes I'm sure" I said, dissuasively. She turned around, before I heard her let out a scoff.

"You haven't even looked at me, have you?" She asked, annoyed by my lack of attention.

My eyes rolled to the back of my head, before I let out an exhausting sigh. "No, Hermione. I haven't. Because no shirt could ever make you look bad, okay? You're like one pretty little perfect flower who'd look stunning regardless of the shape or color of her petals. You're a freaking flower. We all know it, now stop looking at yourself in the mirror before you start complaining about your hair too" I said, my tone of voice not matching the niceness of my compliments rather well. I meant every single word, of course, but my voice still came out with a hint of annoyance. I'm already stressed enough with everything that's going on, I don't need Hermione's shirt to worry about as well. It's so simple, if you don't like it then change the bloody shirt!

She let out a big sigh at my words, staring at me from across the room. After a couple of seconds filled with thoughtful silence, she walked over to my bed. "Scoot" She said, motioning me to give her some space as she looked down on me. I gave her a "really?" look, before pushing myself further to the left and granting her some space. With a smile, she laid down next to me, mimicking my position as we both gazed up at the ceiling. There was a comfortable silence, the both of us just enjoying each other's company, which we hadn't acquired for a long time. Hermione was the one to break the silence after a while.

"You're nervous, I suppose" She said, our gaze still studying the strangely shaped ceiling, yellow candlelight flickering below the old dark brown wood. I couldn't help but let out a small humorous laugh.

"Wow, Hermione. You really are the brightest witch of our age" I joked sarcastically, smiling at the ceiling. Hermione let out a giggle at my words.

"I know, right? Only a genius could've figured that one out" She jokingly gloated, making me roll my eyes, the small smile still visible on my lips.

"But really though, what is it that has you in such a tense mood? Malfoy? Cedric?...Felix?" She asked the last name with a slightly different tone, sneaking a glance my way from the corner of her eye, yet not turning her head to look at me. My smile vanished as soon as she mentioned Felix's name, but I quickly tried to disguise my reaction by speaking.

"What? No. Not Felix, I-" My tongue tied itself into a knot, making me stutter. "Why would I be nervous about him? He tried to kill me, regardless of everything that happened after" I quickly said. Hermione twisted her head to look at me properly, her eyebrows furrowing.

"...Exactly...that's exactly why you should be nervous about him. Why else would you-" She stopped talking, her eyes suddenly going wide. My eyebrows furrowed, as I looked back at her in confusion.

"Wha-"

"Oh don't tell me you fancy him" She said, her voice filled with shock. My eyes almost popped out of my sockets.

"What?! No! Of course not! I just-I mean-" My heart began to race, as I felt a peculiar panic bubble up on my insides. Oddly enough, it almost feels like the type of rush that flows through your veins while lying straight to someone's face. Hermione watched me struggle with my words, raising her brow in suspicion.