Chapter 15

The chime of the small bell ringing across the shop announced my presence, as I slowly pushed the red, windowed door open. Warmth greeted me once I walked inside, slipping off my black coat and hanging it next to the door.

I don't know what I expect to find here, but it's my very last shot at getting something worthy enough to gift her. Every other store sold nothing other than cheap fake diamonds or ghastly looking sweaters, none of which I'd ever even consider laying a finger upon. I prefer to get her a bouquet of flowers rather than show up with something cheap.

I came to Hogsmeade without the slightest idea of what I wanted to gift her, though, after walking into a store or two, I managed to narrow it down to jewelry. Seems simple enough, yet once I visited every single store I could possibly think of, I came out disappointed and empty-handed. None possessed a piece I would picture Isabelle wearing, all being either too cheap or too grand. I know her well enough to figure she'd never walk around wearing a 383.4 carat necklace drenched with 114 jadeites and 600 pink diamonds. Just the thought of her reaction if I show up tomorrow night with such a thing is enough to make me laugh to myself.

And so, after countless hours of dedicated gift searching, now I'm here, in the last store at the very end of the street, 'Mr. Gold, Pawnbroker and Antiques Dealer'

I couldn't help but take a moment to scan around the dimly lighted shop, the only sound being the tickings coming from the multiple clocks hanging amongst the walls. Other than that, its eerily quiet. Rows and rows of peculiar objects took over the majority of the room, which, to the naked eye, appeared to be nothing more than pointless junk. Rusty-looking hardware, perfectly carved wooden sculptures, old victorian sofa's, cristal vases, the most random things one could possibly imagine were stacked in piles, making the room look more like a hoarder house rather than a store. Not an inch of the walls were visible, completely covered by a collage of mirrors of all shapes and sizes, along with various paintings and portraits, who's eyes I can feel following my every move.

I glared at them, hoping to scare their stare away. But they didn't budge, watching closely as I strolled between the isles.

"How may I help you, young man?"

I almost took out my wand, quite startled by the sudden sound of the deep voice. I turned to face the counter, only to find a tall, middle-aged man standing behind it, his hands pressed against the glass. Instantly, my eyes fell upon his abnormally shaped nose, whose longness stood out amongst all his other features. His straight brown and grey hair draped just above his shoulder, contemplating his tanned skin rather perfectly. An all-black business suit covered his entire body, which even from afar I can tell is not of the cheap kind.

I swallowed before speaking. "You're Mr. Gold, I presume"

"Ah, a smart one, I see you are" The man said, sarcasm taking over his voice. Something about him made his presence rather intimidating, yet I can't put my finger on the exact reason why. Maybe it's his nose, I mean, who wouldn't feel intimidated by such a horrific thing.

"Looking for anything in particular, kid?" He asked again, raising a brow as he scanned my black suit up and down.

"Yeah, actually" I began to say, walking towards the counter. "Do you have any Jewelry?"

The man's lips curved into a smile. "'Course" He said, before his eyes drifted down to my hands. "I see rings are your preference, I've got some right over-"

"No no, not for me" I stopped him, as he began to open drawers below the counter. He stopped, his brows raising in question. "I mean...woman's jewelry" I said rather awkwardly, watching as the man smirked again. He closed the drawer shut, leaning over the counter once again.